no power to wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kusher

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Notorious
  4. Voltage
so I just took my rig out to hit the ramp a bit but I have absolutely no power to my back right wheel all others are fine but that one. Possible problem? I'm a out to tear into it but have no clue as to what might be wrong. Ideas? Thanks guys.
so I just took my rig out to hit the ramp a bit but I have absolutely no power to my back right wheel all others are fine but that one. Possible problem? I'm a out to tear into it but have no clue as to what might be wrong. Ideas? Thanks guys.
The wheel is spinning freely when turned not hooking with the back left.

If your dog bone is still in tact then it sounds like you have either snapped your axle/pin or stripped the teeth from one side inside the diff.
Does the dog bone turn when you turn the wheel? if so then its prob diff side.
Turn the left wheel, does the right dog bone turn?
Is there any noise(grinding etc) when you turn the wheel?

Last edited:
The left wheel turns it but I can hold the dog one and it doesn't spin .I can spin the left wheel and the right does nothing.

Notorious 6s and yeah a pin snapped. Is it a super hard fix or can I upgrade the whole thing now?

20210304_145303.jpg

yeah thats what I was told by @Edough13 . I don't have the tools to do that. So I am going to upgrade to exb. But I don't know if I need to get lsd or open. I do not know the difference between the two. Im still a newbie.

open diff tends to be the standard in a lot of rc cars, when you put power down the drive will always try to put the power to the wheel with the least amout of friction, so if one wheel is is dry asphalt and the other is on ice the power will goto the one that is on the ice causing it to "diff out"(spin like hell)
LSD on the other hand try's to put the power to the wheel with the most traction. a lot of people using open diffs will increase the weight/thickness of the oil in the diff to try an limit it from diffing out by kind of locking the wheel rotation. hope this helps

open diff tends to be the standard in a lot of rc cars, when you put power down the drive will always try to put the power to the wheel with the least amout of friction, so if one wheel is is dry asphalt and the other is on ice the power will goto the one that is on the ice causing it to "diff out"(spin like hell)
LSD on the other hand try's to put the power to the wheel with the most traction. a lot of people using open diffs will increase the weight/thickness of the oil in the diff to try an limit it from diffing out by kind of locking the wheel rotation. hope this helps
Very much so. So if I get rear I might as well get the front too right? And have stock for a spare. Damn I wasn't expecting this considering I was using it earlier. Sh*t. Hate downtime
let me ask this how much would it ness it up to run like thst?or would I just not have near as much power but still drivable?

if you have removed the debris from inside the diff, you could run it like this (but i would prob repair 1st) you could pinch the front diff(if they are the same) to put into the rear and leave the front end free wheel(make it rear/two wheel drive) for now,

yeah thats what I was told by @Edough13 . I don't have the tools to do that. So I am going to upgrade to exb. But I don't know if I need to get lsd or open. I do not know the difference between the two. Im still a newbie.
Use only an Open diff at the Rear. 👍 :cool:
You have it apart now.🤷‍♂️ Just do it right once.👍
Spare the wasted effort of patching it up wrong. Just double work. Have Diff oil on hand if you don't already have.
:cool:

Last edited:
Replace the pins, buy a spare diff. Learn how to replace them as you will need that skill, trust me on that one ;)
It will happen again and again.
You can always swap in a spare diff while you work the other.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back