No Prep Drag..... From an Arrma???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think any form of drag racing is cool. It use to be big down here, Christmas tree, pre stage, stage, and finish beams. Center line and all, cross center and you lose. All kinds of classes, nitro and electric.

One of my favorite was nitro dragster, long a$$ chassis with big engines, ran on 40% and maby more nitro.

I think the list no prep is killer, there's a lot of places in the US that run RC no prep.

I'm thinking something along those lines as well. A muscle car of sorts.

To get the proportions correct, and for proper scale, I need to equip my Raider XL chassis with the regular Raider A-Arms and dog bones. The wheelbase is correct, but to get the body to cover the wheels, it will need to be narrowed up a bit. Hence the Raider Mega Arms....

This one here is my DragSlash project, still in the works, but surprises most who have gone up against. Buddy and I also have/use one of those Taxxas Drag System with the sensors for stagin, go and winner. Haven't set it up with the app or anything to get like reaction, trap speeds or lap times.

Talk about a fun time with some RC hobbyists! BBQ, drinks, racing, bashing... Dang, I can't wait for spring/summer now!!! ???

I'm thinking...? Typhon remove front drive shaft from center diff, change to spool so car will be RWD..!! Max8 combo with 2200kv..?
If going by the rules on that link posted above the Typhon doesn't fit into any of their classes.

Street Outlaw: Short course based chassis (2wd), 2 cells (8.44v max), rubber tires, body must cover wheels (ie no buggies) Must have all four shocks. (No Steering assist)
Prostreet: Traxxas funny car chassis based chassis, 2 cells (8/44v max.) rubber tire (Note: Sonoma County maybe running 3 cell in this class)

Well I'm out, there's no way I'm buying a Traxxass..?

I'm gonna start my own no prep drag Arrma league then..???
Uh you can use any 2wd short course chassis, Traxxas just happens to be the most common. Losi, Team Associated and many others make 2wd shourt course trucks that will work. The Arrma Raider XL is based on a short course chassis from the Arrma Fury short course truck.

But the prostreet class is of course limited to Traxxas as they are the only ones that I know of that make funny cars.

This one here is my DragSlash project, still in the works, but surprises most who have gone up against. Buddy and I also have/use one of those Taxxas Drag System with the sensors for stagin, go and winner. Haven't set it up with the app or anything to get like reaction, trap speeds or lap times.

Talk about a fun time with some RC hobbyists! BBQ, drinks, racing, bashing... Dang, I can't wait for spring/summer now!!! ???
Hey Man, that thing leaves good and straight.

I was just going through the forum and was going to post this same question when I found this thread.
The only Arrma I have is a Senton, so I was wondering what, if any 2wd models people are converting to drag cars. The guy who runs my local hobby shop is a big Traxxas Guy, he had one slash he set up for drag racing with that Pro-Line Mad Max looking Desert Eagle body .

Only reason I own a Traxxas, 2wd Slash, setting up for drag racing. Then I came across Arrma and it's been on the shelf for a bit.

Edit: If you can maybe find some used Furys, those could be starting point. ? ?‍♂️ ?

Last edited:
No shame in owning Traxxas, I have some, so what. I have many brands, probably owned 40 since day one.
Oh no! No shame. ? ? Just none of their other models interest me at this time. I also own a Losi.
I would say Drag race in RC is more 2wd model dominated over brand as well. If that makes sense... ? ?

I have a spare Granite 4x4 chassis as well as a Stampede 2WD and 4x4 chassis just sitting around. I want to do a build with one of these chassis but am kinda intimidated to attempt something like that.

No prep appears to be using 1/10 scale oriented chassis. A Senton 4x4 converted to 2 wheel drive may work too. They need to be light to run fast on 2S. I don't know much about this new class.

I have a spare Granite 4x4 chassis as well as a Stampede 2WD and 4x4 chassis just sitting around. I want to do a build with one of these chassis but am kinda intimidated to attempt something like that.
The 2Wd stampede is the same transmission as a slash, which is the basis for most RC no prep cars . You could probably fashion a longer home built chassis and use whatever wheel/ a arm combo desired to fit within the wheel wells of a short course drag body.

The 2Wd stampede is the same transmission as a slash, which is the basis for most RC no prep cars . You could probably fashion a longer home built chassis and use whatever wheel/ a arm combo desired to fit within the wheel wells of a short course drag body.
Exactly!!

Most of the Transmission parts in the rear might be able to interchange between the 3 models in the 2WD line. I know none of the front end parts will share though, without some user fabricating of course!

I do know the 2WD models are really sought after for Drag racing, as the 2WD just allow more spin at the wheels then a 4x4. Buddy and I both on a VXL system, same gearing setup, same battery used in each. My 2WD would spin the wheels about 3 - 3.5k more then his 4wd slash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back