no reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
after replacing my brused motor with an axxis motor, i cant get the reverse to work now. Its not locked out, and i reversed the polarity of the battery and it went in reverse that way. I have tried adjusting the throttle trim as well. any suggestions?

UPDATE: Discovered it was the ESC. Which is the second one since I have owned it, which was Christmas. I'm really starting to think I have a piece of crap.

so far I have needed 3 ESCs, 1 motor, 1 steering end, and a steering servo. all since Christmas.

Stock motor
This one is notorious for breaking down. It's brushes are of poor quality. An upgrade is cheap, like the Traxxas 12T

ESC
This one is a fairly good product.
That said, you can always end up with a bad copy.
However 3 sounds a bit too much bad luck.
Among other: never ever turn the battery leads around: + on +, - on -!!!
On a brushless motor you can safely swap the motor wires, which will make it turn in reverse.
But swapping battery leads will destroy the ESC!

Servo
Again a known issue with most stock entry level rc's. The servo has modest torque and plastic gears. Given the large tires of the Granite...
One of the second things to upgrade after the stock brushed motor ;)

And breaking something on the steering system while bashing with this beast can always happen!
Sometimes I think the LHS's should give us the cars for free, since they can live of the spare parts they will sell :cool:

Yea I meant I switched the motor wires, my bad. I put the traxxas motor in, and there was a noticeable difference in performance. and I totally don't blame the manufacturer for breaking a steering component, that was my sons fault.lol

Yea I meant I switched the motor wires, my bad. I put the traxxas motor in, and there was a noticeable difference in performance. and I totally don't blame the manufacturer for breaking a steering component, that was my sons fault.lol

No offense ;)
Still strange than you had 3 bad ESC's in a row...
Now the ESC works fine with the Traxxas 12T?

Mine don't reverse in 4S! stock motor and ESC BUT upgraded servo.

Any Idea?

The stock brushed esc. rated at 40 amperes continue and maximum of 2S, you did not fry it on 4S????
i reconfigured the throttle setup and now it is working! A little bit strange

The stock brushed esc. rated at 40 amperes continue and maximum of 2S, you did not fry it on 4S????
worth mentioning that i am talking about the kraton 6S here

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back