Kraton No steering.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIG197

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Left kraton turned on for 5 mins while I went inside. Came out and had no steering. The fan quits also when you try to turn. Throttle is fine and car ran fine prior to. Any suggestions?

Left kraton turned on for 5 mins while I went inside. Came out and had no steering. The fan quits also when you try to turn. Throttle is fine and car ran fine prior to. Any suggestions?

Anything happen to your rig prior to you going inside?
A crash, running through water etc?

No was running for about 30 mins on 50 throttle limiter. Ran fine no crashes

You can do a quick test by swapping your steering servo connector to your throttle port on the receiver.. and see if it responds accordingly..

And,
Did you ever set your steering endpoints?

Sounds like good ol spekturm quality servo. You will have the same issue over and over again with the same servo. Many can be had cheap. Through Amazon!

ZOSKAY 35kg high Torque Coreless Motor servo Metal Gear Digital and Stainless Steel Gear servo arduino servo for Robotic DIY,RC car (Control Angle 270°) https://a.co/d/dpzorLt

55KG High Torque Servo 8.4V Coreless Servo 180 Degree Steering Servo Full Metal Oblique Gear Aluminum Case Waterproof 1/10 Rc Digital Servo Precise Shockproof Durable for 1/12 RC Crawler Boat Robot https://a.co/d/fEWOdyq

End points were set. Switched leads in reciever still no luck. Ordered new servo we’ll see what happens

I wish spektrum would have just slapped their name on the blx185 system and the ADS 15kg servos, Both of those lasted forever. Ive burned to many of the spek servos and esc's for literally no reason, and all the replacements of hobbywing and cheap DS servos have 0 issues for years.

The servo you ordered will fix the issue. The fan quitting is probably a product of circuit overload on the bec's side from the burned up servo.

We’ll here’s the verdict. It’s the servo. I had a brand new big rock servo go bad on day 2 of ownership also. I thought it was a fluke. Now I know spektrum servos suck big fat tires

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back