Infraction No Telemetry on DX3 with fully charged Smart battery....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriedOne

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
Hi Guys,
Brand new Infraction V2. Had it out for a test run on 4S. Using all Spektrum Smart gear. I noticed upon powering on that my transmitter is not registering my battery charge. Using a freshly charged Spektrum 5000mAh 4S 100C pack. I use this pack on my Kraton 8S without any issues. Just tried it again the Battery Level Circles do not light up.
This happen to anyone. Everything on the car ran fine during the run.

I have heard of this before. Don't know if it was a defect or not.
I don't own the DX3, myself. Reading the DX3 Smart Manual a few minutes ago, I see that there is a Dimmable LED feature I saw stated in the manual. It may be possible that the LED lighting is set dark? Dimmed out completely? :unsure:
Take out your manual or download it and read further on this Dimmable setting.
Let me know how it goes.:)

If anything, HH will warranty that radio, no issue, I am sure.
Sorry, I couldn't help further.
Maybe others will chime in also having that issue.
Good luck. :cool:

I have heard of this before. Don't know if it was a defect or not.
I don't own the DX3, myself. Reading the DX3 Smart Manual a few minutes ago, I see that there is a Dimmable LED feature I saw stated in the manual. It may be possible that the LED lighting is set dark? Dimmed out completely? :unsure:
Take out your manual or download it and read further on this Dimmable setting.
Let me know how it goes.:)

If anything, HH will warranty that radio, no issue, I am sure.
Sorry, I couldn't help further.
Maybe others will chime in also having that issue.
Good luck. :cool:
SrC,
Thanks for your response. I was reading through the manual and it states that the ESC- Throttle needs to be plugged into Channel 3 for Telemetry.
I did open the ESC and did confirm that it is plugged into Channel 3. Another item listed speaks about the Telemetry screen being blank. Transmitter being in 5.5ms mode. How do I check this. It needs to be in the 11ms. Don't think this item pertains to the DX3 as it does not have a screen.

Which manual?
What you are describing, sounds like you are reading the manual from my DX5C.( with screen). And yes, Telem needs to run at a slower latency speed of 11ms. But can only set this during the bind process. (DX5C)
That's because of the overhead that is needed for Telem. communication. Taking priority over faster input response. I don't use Telem for this reason. I prefer crisp fast Thr/St control when I drive. (5.5ms) Just me.
But all that above, I think, doesn't apply to your Radio. 🤷‍♂️
What manual are you reading?
I suggest plugging into channel 3 ( as you confirmed), and rebinding the radio to the Rx. Then calibrate the radio endpoints to your ESC again. In this order.
Perhaps a rebind is necessary?
Worth a try.
BTW did you confirm that the LED dimming setting is set to Bright?????? It is also in the DX3 Smart manual.:)

Which manual?
What you are describing, sounds like you are reading the manual from my DX5C.( with screen). And yes, Telem needs to run at a slower latency speed of 11ms. But can only set this during the bind process. (DX5C)
That's because of the overhead that is needed for Telem. communication. Taking priority over faster input response. I don't use Telem for this reason. I prefer crisp fast Thr/St control when I drive. (5.5ms) Just me.
But all that above, I think, doesn't apply to your Radio. 🤷‍♂️
What manual are you reading?
I suggest plugging into channel 3 ( as you confirmed), and rebinding the radio to the Rx. Then calibrate the radio endpoints to your ESC again. In this order.
Perhaps a rebind is necessary?
Worth a try.
BTW did you confirm that the LED dimming setting is set to Bright?????? It is also in the DX3 Smart manual.:)
Hey,
I'm reading my Infraction/ Felony manual that came with my vehicle. I was kinda hoping to not have to go through that binding process. I will if I have to, to fix this issue. I cannot find that about the LED dimming in the manual. Will keep looking for it in the maunal.

I have heard the chip in the "smart" batteries can break and mess up all the "smart" stuff. Are you using the smart charger? If so, and it automatically charges the smart battery I'm not really sure. Sounds like @SrC know quite a bit. Hope you can figure this out(y)

^^^Very good point.
Just, the OP said that the lipo works fine in his 8s rig with the same type of Smart radio.
Just not with his new rig out the box. Also, same type of radio. Dam Smart stuff, it not all that Smart.:unsure:
This Smart stuff is making my Brain hurt.:LOL:

^^^Very good point.
Just, the OP said that the lipo works fine in his 8s rig with the same type of Smart radio.
Just not with his new rig out the box. Also, same type of radio. Dam Smart stuff, it not all that Smart.:unsure:
I think the "smart" stuff has decided to be smart when it wants to be!

I have heard the chip in the "smart" batteries can break and mess up all the "smart" stuff. Are you using the smart charger? If so, and it automatically charges the smart battery I'm not really sure. Sounds like @SrC know quite a bit. Hope you can figure this out(y)
BrokeBoiRc,
Thanks for responding...Yes I agree its not so smart. Yep using the Spektrum S2100 charger. At least the Infraction worked fine with the DX3 transmitter. Will have to figure this out.
^^^Very good point.
SrC,
Its all a bit puzzling. Using a good pair of smart batteries. Works properly in my Kraton 8S and not in my new Infraction. I have looked through my manual and it makes no mention of the LED dimming option. Maybe you have it for your DX5. Will spend more time on it tomorrow.
Thanks guys for your input. Its greatly appreciated.
Have a good night.

I almost wonder if it is something with your esc. Possibly there is a faulty part of your esc? Is everything else working fine with the esc?

I almost wonder if it is something with your esc. Possibly there is a faulty part of your esc? Is everything else working fine with the esc?
Hey,
Yes the truck runs fine. Steering, throttle ,brakes all worked as it should. I put a call in to Horizon this afternoon and managed to speak to tech support. Hopefully they will RMA the transmitter. Will keep you guys posted.

Here’s a link to the dx3 manual and copy of led dimming procedure.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...ault/dw6f0e1ac7/Manuals/SPM2340-Manual-EN.pdf

Adjusting the LED Brightness
The transmitter LEDs have four possible brightness levels.
To change the brightness level:
1. Press and hold the power button to power the transmitter on. 2. While holding the power button, press the A button to
increase the brightness, or press the B button to decrease the brightness. The SMART battery level LEDs show the current brightness level.
3. Release the power button to save the brightness level and activate RF.
The LED brightness will be stored when the transmitter is powered off.

Here’s a link to the dx3 manual and copy of led dimming procedure.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...ault/dw6f0e1ac7/Manuals/SPM2340-Manual-EN.pdf

Adjusting the LED Brightness
The transmitter LEDs have four possible brightness levels.
To change the brightness level:
1. Press and hold the power button to power the transmitter on. 2. While holding the power button, press the A button to
increase the brightness, or press the B button to decrease the brightness. The SMART battery level LEDs show the current brightness level.
3. Release the power button to save the brightness level and activate RF.
The LED brightness will be stored when the transmitter is powered off.
Rainger40,
Thank you for the link. I was reading the manual that came with the Infraction.
Really appreciate it.
Cheers.

Rainger40,
Thank you for the link. I was reading the manual that came with the Infraction.
Really appreciate it.
Cheers.
No problem it’s what the forum is for, I read you saying you were reading rtr manual and figured it would help👍🏻

Hi Guys,
Brand new Infraction V2. Had it out for a test run on 4S. Using all Spektrum Smart gear. I noticed upon powering on that my transmitter is not registering my battery charge. Using a freshly charged Spektrum 5000mAh 4S 100C pack. I use this pack on my Kraton 8S without any issues. Just tried it again the Battery Level Circles do not light up.
This happen to anyone. Everything on the car ran fine during the run.
I’m having the exact same issue with my brand new Vorteks/DX3 combo.

Hello, just a quick heads up in case people are still having issues. I just realized yesterday that the power level will not show up on the DX3 with only one smart battery plugged in. You need to plug in both batteries to the car before the power level shows up on the DX3 transmitter. I thought I had a defective transmitter and then realized that both smart batteries have to be plugged in. Hopefully this helps someone.

Jumping on an old thread... Sorry for that 😉
But I had the same issue with 1x spectrum 6s smart battery in my Infraction V2 -> no battery level on my DX3.
But with 2x spectrum 3s batteries -> perfect battery level on the DX3.

Then I did something... I plugged the IC5-loop in the connector with both orange wires. I then plugged the single battery in the connector with black and orange wires -> badaboom! Single smart battery AND battery level on my DX3.

Hope somebody find this useful 😅 I know I did 😋

Last edited:
But I had the same issue with 1x spectrum 6s smart battery in my Infraction V2 -> no battery level on my DX3.

Then I did something... I plugged the IC5-loop in the connector with both orange wires. I then plugged the single battery in the connector with black and orange wires -> badaboom! Single smart battery AND battery level on my DX3.

Always nice to share info to help someone else in a bind.
Cheers.

I think the "smart" stuff has decided to be smart when it wants to be!
O

definitely helped me out today!

Back