Granite No throttle after going thru water.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care how "waterproof" an rc car claims to be, I try to keep mine dry. I end up fixing a friend's rc's. He and his kids run them in rain, mud, puddles, etc. Rusted screws, seized bearings, electrical gremlins, gear boxes full of hardened mud, etc... After replacing 2 input gears due to disintegrated bearings last week, I told him to get an rc boat if he wants to play in the water. "Waterproof" doesn't mean impervious to water.

No, I have not. But my point was that no electronics are guaranteed waterproof unless you waterproof them yourself.
Even then there is no guarantee that they will be either.

If you can’t get these wet at all how do you clean them after you get them all dirty? Thought you almost have to get water and the entire truck?

There is a big difference between rinsing off with water and submerging in a puddle. Submerging allows water to get into anything not air tight (bearings, motor housing, diffs, electronics, etc).

If I clean with water, I immediately blast the bearings with WD-40, then use an air compressor to dry everything.

Agree…and agree. I do not even spray them down with water. Leaf blower, long dry paint brush, then some silicone spray for the moving parts. Water is the enemy and salt water is the devil. If you are looking to completely ruin your rc…..take it to the beach and run it in the salt water and sand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back