Kraton No throttle no steering ... help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ldiddy412

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Voltage
Sup everyone! Uh ?i was bashing thru the snowww on a 6c soft case zeeee? ? lol but the car just stop after a while no steering no throttle no nothing just a orange light on the esc. Anybody know whats wrong? It just wont bind to the controller ??‍♂️

C887A268-0B27-4702-925F-409152AD0779.jpeg

The thing with the orange light in the photo is the receiver (and not the ESC, which is in the bottom left of the photo and the status LED can't be seen) and a solid orange light means that it's bound to a transmitter and working.

If you want to try rebinding, turn it on while pushing the bind button and you'll get a rapidly flashing orange light and then you can re-bind it to your transmitter.

I'd say your esc is dead. Hit up horizon hobby customer service and tell them exactly that and they will send you a new one. I just went through the same thing in the snow, truck randomly turned off. I got lucky and was able to turn it on a few more times and keep going but it eventually died and won't turn back on, no lights fans nothing. Contacted horizon hobby and they sent me a new one.

The thing with the orange light in the photo is the receiver (and not the ESC, which is in the bottom left of the photo and the status LED can't be seen) and a solid orange light means that it's bound to a transmitter and working.

If you want to try rebinding, turn it on while pushing the bind button and you'll get a rapidly flashing orange light and then you can re-bind it to your transmitter.
Theres no bind button on the sr315 transmitter
I'd say your esc is dead. Hit up horizon hobby customer service and tell them exactly that and they will send you a new one. I just went through the same thing in the snow, truck randomly turned off. I got lucky and was able to turn it on a few more times and keep going but it eventually died and won't turn back on, no lights fans nothing. Contacted horizon hobby and they sent me a new one.
I think its the esc too its spins but once i turn on the controller it slows down at least 50%

Running in water/snow again, another victim..... :oops:
ESC is probably bricked. If your Rx wont bind after following the manual precisely enough, it is bricked. Most bricked ESC's will always give you ST and not TH. But if the ESC's BEC power supply and not the Mosfets are bricked from water, you can lose Both ST and TH.
Those are the usual scenarios.. But a non binding RX is also a sign of a wet RX also. The Rx boxes are not truly sealed well enough. It doesn't take much moisture to fry electrics, despite they are supposedly called Splash Proof, Water resistant or waterproof.?‍♂️
Call HH.
:cool:

Back