No throttle response ESC red light blinking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLiM2775

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I went to use my Kraton 6s yesterday and the steering wouldn't work at first unless front tires where off the ground. Also there was a red light blinking on the ESC. It worked the last time I used it. The only thing I have done was replace the pinion gear because a tooth broke off of it while I was using it last time. I had a real hard time getting the pinion gear off even after I got the set screw out I had to pry it off with a screw driver. Could doing that damage the motor and make the ESC go into something like safe mode? I looked in the manual and the red light blinking means it's in over heat mode. I have had the truck for about a month and used it maybe 8 times for a total of maybe 2 hours. Any advice would be great.

I have not really an advice, because I have an different ESC.
Do you have the possibility to measure the output voltage of you´re ESC?
If I read you're description, I get the feeling that the ESC is bricked.
Does the led also flashing with an disconnected motor?
No power on the steering servo could be that the voltage breaks down or too less amps for working.
But also an fried servo.
Disconnect the servo and measure the voltage which the ESC gives to the receiver.
If it is 6V or 7,2V it should be OK. Then plug in the servo and measure again. If the voltage breaks down by turning the servo, you have the culprit.

No more idea now....

No power on the steering servo could be that the voltage breaks down or too less amps for working.
But also an fried servo.
Disconnect the servo and measure the voltage which the ESC gives to the receiver.
If it is 6V or 7,2V it should be OK. Then plug in the servo and measure again. If the voltage breaks down by turning the servo, you have the culprit.

No more idea now....
I have a multi meter but I've only used it to check my batteries. Can I use that to check the ESC? If so which wires do i want to hook the multi meter too to read voltage?

You should have three cables on the plug of the ESC.
Black, Red, White ore Yellow.
The White / Yellow cable is for the Signal, Red and Black are Plus and Minus.
You should measure between Red and Black.
Same if the ESC connected to the receiver. these cables gives the power to the receiver that he can work.
Normally the receivers will have an indicator led which will show the status of the RX.
On you're servo you have the same colors of the cables. Red = Plus, Black = Minus.
The colors are sometimes a bit different but mainly the cable with the brightest color is the signal in all cases I had.
The cable with the darkest color was always Minus.

Do you checked the ESC-reset and connection of the motor cables already?
Does the receiver gives you an indicator light?
It the receiver get no voltage after switching on the ESC, the ESC is bricked....

You should have three cables on the plug of the ESC.
Black, Red, White ore Yellow.
The White / Yellow cable is for the Signal, Red and Black are Plus and Minus.
You should measure between Red and Black.
Same if the ESC connected to the receiver. these cables gives the power to the receiver that he can work.
Normally the receivers will have an indicator led which will show the status of the RX.
On you're servo you have the same colors of the cables. Red = Plus, Black = Minus.
The colors are sometimes a bit different but mainly the cable with the brightest color is the signal in all cases I had.
The cable with the darkest color was always Minus.

Do you checked the ESC-reset and connection of the motor cables already?
Does the receiver gives you an indicator light?
It the receiver get no voltage after switching on the ESC, the ESC is bricked....

This might be a stupid question but I'm a total newb to the RC Car hobby. What is bricked? Sorry for such a stupid question.

This might be trivial, but try putting fresh batteries in your transmitter. I had this happen once on my outcast, and fresh batteries did the trick.

lol, I expected all concerning transmitter where checked! :)
Btw, I use envelops in the transmitter... They have an unexpected runtime in these TX.

Well this just happened to me today and the servo works but no title and red light blinking. Yay me. Now what can I do?

I had the same problem steering work but no drive,contacted arrma eu think it was germany,they told me to do a few checks like check the etc switch for dirt an so on..nothing worked so in the end they sent me a new esc but then my original one started working again don't know how or why. I kept new esc as a spare but now my servo has stripped gears but I won't bother with warranty as I'm up a esc and don't want to take the piss..plus I already bought a new servo just waiting on my carbon fiber and servo stand offs to arrive so I can build a servo mount before I use it.

So I reset my throttle endpoints and it started working again. The ESC did this just after I turned it off for a quick break. Piece of crap if you ask me

@Breezeby
What you are expect? It´s a relatively cheap ESC.
Open you´re wallet, buy an better ESC and thats it.
Btw. We have now 4 Neros here, (together with the Neros of two colleagues)
No issues with the ESC till yet.

Maybe you're ESC is just going confused.. It´s only electronics like a Windows PC! ;)

lonee

To be honest I've heard the electronics arrma use ain't the best..I upgraded the servo in my typhon with a cheap power HD 20kg waterproof one and it was a big improvement it's made my outcast feel docile to the point I ain't using it til I gt the new servo in the..so I think il upgrade esc soon hopefully il get the same outcome with difference in performance

What servo did you pick up?
The one I mentioned in the post I got it from a Ali express bang good also sell it my other one I ain't used yet is also from Ali express spec in files

Attachments

• IMAG0578.jpg
    IMAG0578.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMAG0579.jpg
    IMAG0579.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 112
right, 500 are a big value and I also do not know why arrma buy an castrated ESC. But the original max8 also have sometimes problems.
But if you realize that an very good ESC fast will cost over 200 bucks.... (Schulze, Plettenberg or Hacker just for example)
So just 300 bucks over for mechanics. :)

But also an fried servo.

No more idea now....
Thanks brother appreciate the tips!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back