No throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sort this out? I've had rocks wedged in between the center diff and chassis heat things up without knowing. Around 50yards of fishing line under my hex also. I hope its not your motor giving up the ghost...and just something silly.

So I took off the pinion and the car rolls freely. I opened up the motor to check for damage and bearings all is good but still have the same problem it got hot in 2 100ft passes and then it starts to hesitate again

How easily did it roll? Where I’m going with this is trying to determine if your bearings are dirty and adding resistance. If your running 14T pinion with the throttle wide open over 100 foot passes in tall grass then you need all the help you can get keeping it cool. What’s the ambient temp you are running in?

How easily did it roll? Where I’m going with this is trying to determine if your bearings are dirty and adding resistance. If your running 14T pinion with the throttle wide open over 100 foot passes in tall grass then you need all the help you can get keeping it cool. What’s the ambient temp you are running in?
It rolls very easily. I just tested it on the road no grass I do have a yeah racing fan and heat sink on the motor. Usually you can feel if there is dirt in the bearings. They were very smooth and the rear bearing is brand new

It rolls very easily. I just tested it on the road no grass I do have a yeah racing fan and heat sink on the motor. Usually you can feel if there is dirt in the bearings. They were very smooth and the rear bearing is brand new

Ok, cool. So it sounds like to you know what you’re looking for. How did it do on the road?

Ok, cool. So it sounds like to you know what you’re looking for. How did it do on the road?
Not good same problem
There have been a few members on here mention that straight out of the box their Hobbystar motors ran super hot @Slicktmi was one and @Krathead was the other. Rcjuice basically told them both to kick rocks when they tried to warrant it. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/warning-about-rcjuice.9045/#post-129413
My 2000kv motor is about 8 months old it was ok before I stored it to try a hobby star 1600kv.

Not good same problem

My 2000kv motor is about 8 months old it was ok before I stored it to try a hobby star 1600kv.
Not sure if anyone else asked, but have you tried a different motor to see if the problem might be with the esc and possible amp draw. I don't know much about the electronics, but process of elimination always seems to work best.

Does
Not sure if anyone else asked, but have you tried a different motor to see if the problem might be with the esc and possible amp draw. I don't know much about the electronics, but process of elimination always seems to work best.
that’s my next move but the only problem is the bullet connections are different sizes

Not good same problem

Oh I did not know that.

Does
that’s my next move but the only problem is the bullet connections are different sizes
Bullets are the easiest connectors to solder at least.

Just wanted to update everyone. I replaced the motor and still had the same problem but the motor did not get hot like the first one did. I then changed the esc and all is normal now. I did not put back my hobby star motor to test it I’m afraid it’s the motor that damaged my esc the motor requires 160amp esc. I’ve had 2 stock esc get damaged with that motor in it but after a lot of packs so not sure I want to try that motor again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back