Granite no wheelies why is this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_vin0

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey All I'm so frustrated with my granite it will not do wheelies I have a 17t pinion and stock spur and will not pull a single wheelie I have a 3s lipo 80c and will not do a single wheelie my slipper is not lose my diffs are all good my lipo is fully charged it has b brushless system, its a spectrum 80A ESC with 3300kv motor its a combo. what else can I do to fix this?

Yes, you are right. A bigger diameter has a big effect on torque. But a lot of times we are limited to certain sizes of motors for our rigs. In a 1/10 rig a 36mm diameter motor fits great. Increase the diameter by 10mm to a 46mm can and you're gonna have a hard time fitting it on your rig. But increase the length by 5mm, 10mm or even 14mm and you can still fit a 3665, 3670 or 3674 motor in our 1/10 rigs without much of a problem.

No problem. Like I said, there's a lit more to it than that, but I gave you the basics.
You clarified in easy terms what I’d been filling my head with. A good foundation was what I need so much appreciated (as always!)

The above makes much sense also. Longer good, fatter maybe not 🤣

First of all, you went cheap and got the 80a combo which probably came with a 3650/3300kv motor. That smaller 50mm motor doesn't have as much torque as a 3660 or 3665 size motor. 2nd, lower your pinion gear to 14t or 15t and you will get more torque out of that motor and maybe be able to pull wheelies.
i added a 13t that came with it I bought it used and nothing.
When you gun the throttle, are the rear tyres losing grip? If so that's why she not pulling wheelies, try it on a grippy surface next time?

My Typhon 3S doesn't wheelie on tarmac but on a rubber running track last night (much more grip) it was pulling them for fun 👍
i do it on pavement it i have my punch setting on max and my transmitted on 100
Adjust your slipper!
i tightened it all the way so there isn't any slipping and nothing
Thicker diff fluids will help transfer power to wheels and tighten slipper clutch half a turn.
i put grease in it what wieght fluid should I get.
All the above advice is good. Grippy tires, high traction road surface, tighter slipper, thicker diff fluid, higher punch level, smaller pinion,, will all make it easier to wheelie, but the power of the ESC/motor combo is probably the primary cause. With a stock Granite ESC/motor, you don't have to worry about the other factors, it will wheelie.
what if I switch combos with my senton has stock blx electronics what if I put this 80a spectrum combo in my senton and the blx 100 in my granite?
It might be the slipper. But I doubt you have a 3752 motor. Maybe a 3652 but not a 3752.
its not the slipper its tight as hell its max tight (I know its bad I just did it to see if it'll wheelie)

Last edited:
i added a 13t that came with it I bought it used and nothing.

i do it on pavement it i have my punch setting on max and my transmitted on 100

i tightened it all the way so there isn't any slipping and nothing

what if I switch combos with my senton has stock blx electronics what if I put this 80a spectrum combo in my senton and the blx 100 in my granite?

its not the slipper its tight as hell its max tight (I know its bad I just did it to see if it'll wheelie)
I think it's the motor like I said in my first post. But, it might not be. Can you post a video of what is goin on? Might have to load the video on YouTube and post a link to it. But that would help us figure out what the problem is.

I think it's the motor like I said in my first post. But, it might not be. Can you post a video of what is goin on? Might have to load the video on YouTube and post a link to it. But that would help us figure out what the problem is.
i can do so but you guys will have to wait for a little bit because I stripped my spur gear

Longer good, fatter maybe not 🤣
Thats NOT what she said.
Inside the diff itself I run 50k front and 30k rear but I don't really like doing wheelies so that's just my preference lol You could do the opposite and see what it does haha
I would bet this would work. Also, your tires are good right? They have decent tread to them?

Thats NOT what she said.

Inside the diff itself I run 50k front and 30k rear but I don't really like doing wheelies so that's just my preference lol You could do the opposite and see what it does haha

I would bet this would work. Also, your tires are good right? They have decent tread to them?
yes they have a good chunk of tread!🤣
Thats NOT what she said.

these go together right i want to make sure its ok I know its good I just want to make sure

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 12.39.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 12.39.59 PM.png
    648.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 12.39.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 12.39.46 PM.png
    532.9 KB · Views: 43

these go together right i want to make sure its ok I know its good I just want to make sure
Yup they sure do! That's the stock combo in all 3s models :)

Hey, I didn't catch this the first time reading this, but did you put grease inside the actual differential itself or did you just take the yoke apart and put grease on the ring gear and input gear?

I tie some helium balloons to the front end. This definitely helps pull the front end off the ground.

I tie some helium balloons to the front end. This definitely helps pull the front end off the ground.
wow :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
that was new
each latex balloon 12" would be able to lift about 10-15 grams of weight! so 10 balloons will lift about 100 grams, not sure that'll help that much(if any) for wheelies

What kV? Are you still using the stock BLX 100 and 3S with the bigger motor?

Stock BLX electronics are over priced for what you get IMO. A complete Surpass Hobby kit (motor and ESC) is half the price of its Spectrum equivalents. Or the likes of Hobbywing are similar price to Spectrum but better equipment from my experience.

Stock BLX electronics are over priced for what you get IMO. A complete Surpass Hobby kit (motor and ESC) is half the price of its Spectrum equivalents. Or the likes of Hobbywing are similar price to Spectrum but better equipment from my experience.
The Surpass brushless motors are good. I have one in my Big Rock, but the Surpass ESCs really suck. Very unreliable. Sometimes you can get a good one but most of the time they are junk.

wow :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
that was new
each latex balloon 12" would be able to lift about 10-15 grams of weight! so 10 balloons will lift about 100 grams, not sure that'll help that much(if any) for wheelies
How would you know that? I pride myself on my knowledge of semi useless information but that’s not one I’m familiar with 😂

The Surpass brushless motors are good. I have one in my Big Rock, but the Surpass ESCs really suck. Very unreliable. Sometimes you can get a good one but most of the time they are junk.

Ok good to know. I only have a Surpass motor and so far it's been great in the Vorteks while I've wait for the warranty Spectrum replacement. I have the Hobbywing XR8 in my Big Rock and it is real solid.

Back