Noise from rear when turning wheels manually

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Thanks. I have that diagram but it does not show the 3rd washer. I have 3 washers and a larger silver ring.

Nick

The two thin washers (709003) go on either side of the spring. The third slightly thicker washer (310376) goes inside of the second thin washer before the big slipper hub (also shown as 310376 because it's part of a parts set). The diagram shows it correctly.

If you are referring to different washers than these we need to see pictures and/or part numbers that match up to the diagram please.

I replaced the slipper clutch according to the diagram. I don't know why there was an extra washer in there. Maybe they screwed up when assembling it at the factory? Everything seems ok. I will run the truck this weekend and let you know how it ran. Thanks again for all the help.

OK at least I am not loosing my mind. I will slip in on first and then reassemble everything else according to the manual.

I finally got a chance to run the Fury with the rebuilt diff and 7000 weight silicone diff oil.. I ran it for about an hour with no issues. The car ran smooth and there is very little noise from the rear end. Hopefully my differential issue is solved for now. Starting to notice my rear tires are wearing down. I guess my next quest is some better tires for running on asphalt and concrete. Thanks again to all the members for their help.

Remember that the BLS differential is a composite one and not the metal one. If you are upgrading go for the metal one.
And as your Fury is still under warranty take it to the place where you bought it and have them repair it under the warranty.
I was only able to get the composite gear set. Which set is the metal one?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back