Noisy / stiff motor on a 3S Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spook

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Having changed the wheels (to a Granite wheels) and the pinion (to a 15t) on a V3 3s Senton all seemed well for a few runs until last night. Last night the Senton started making a strange noise, a little like a quiet screech and upon investigation the motor was very hot.

Taking the power module out, removing the slipper and turning the motor it could be felt that this was very, very stiff. After cooling and dropping a few drops of bearing oil down the shaft and slowly rotating it seemed to ease up significantly. Putting the Senton back together it seemed to run ok, maybe a bit noisy that usual, but ran one battery through without any real problems.

So, what could the cause of this strange noise and stiffness be? could the motor be on the way out? could it be bearing related? If it is bearings, is it easy to take the motor apart and replace the bearings without risking damage?

Being in the UK some of the usual bearing shops aren't really available, with that in mind, what are the bearings that are in the Spektrum motor and I could try and buy individial bearings in the Uk if this is the likely problem.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help.

Motor bearings normally on the 3s line take the motor apart and check the front bearing where the shaft comes out, I've changed mine a few times seems really daunting at first but it's quite easy to do, I buy mine from Rc bearings.co.uk

Motor bearings normally on the 3s line take the motor apart and check the front bearing where the shaft comes out, I've changed mine a few times seems really daunting at first but it's quite easy to do, I buy mine from Rc bearings.co.uk
Thank you, do you happen to know the size(s) of the bearings?
If you think your bearings are the issue most say to replace them cause the Arrma 3200kv 3s motors are said to have that issue. Here’s a place to get the replacement bearings.
https://jimsbearings.com/collections/arrma-motor
Thank you. Unfortunately being in the UK shipping is very expensive from jimsbearings.... I'll see if I can find something in UK but it does seem that bearings are the favourite culprit at the moment

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back