Non arrma question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
I was wondering if there is a way to go from 17mm hub and fit on a 12mm wheel? I want hub extenders for my sons stampede 2wd but can only find 17mm. I got him new wheels awhile back and would like to still use them. There are 12mm with a weird offset in the rear. Is there some sort of adapter that goes backwards?

I wouldn't advise running those anyway as there is nothing locking them onto the axle, so after about 5 minutes of running, the pin holes are going to egg out and they are going to flop all over the place and potentially damage your axles.

I guess the 4wd stampede is different as I have the same tires/wheels on the front/rear of mine. Both are a wide offset. My jato runs different on the front/rear though. Wide on the rear, narrow on the front if I remember right.

I wouldn't advise running those anyway as there is nothing locking them onto the axle, so after about 5 minutes of running, the pin holes are going to egg out and they are going to flop all over the place and potentially damage your axles.

I guess the 4wd stampede is different as I have the same tires/wheels on the front/rear of mine. Both are a wide offset. My jato runs different on the front/rear though. Wide on the rear, narrow on the front if I remember right.

Agreed, on any vehicle hub extenders are a recipe for damage.
I have been out of the Traxxas world for too long to remember exactly but I know parts are interchangeable between the Slash, Stamp, and Rustler. If memory serves correct you can swap A-Arms etc from the other model to help get things straight or just buy wheels that solve the problem?

Am I over thinking it? If I get 4 hub extenders of the same size, the offset should be the same? I think it’s the rear a arms that are different than the front. Idk. I’ll take the wheels off when I get home from work and take measurements. My daughter is interested in running rc cars with my son and I.... finally! She ran my sons old stampede over the weekend and did great. She just has trouble keeping in on all 4’s when turning. It’s also running on 3s. I want her to use that for awhile before buying her a nice arrma .

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but you can always do the RPM wide mod this allows you to run the same wheels on all 4 corners

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but you can always do the RPM wide mod this allows you to run the same wheels on all 4 corners
https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/...-arms-for-the-traxxas-e-rustler-stampede-2wd/
Description
Are you looking to add some serious stability to your electric Rustler or Stampede 2wd? Look no further! RPM has a new set of wide front A-arms that will push your front wheels out there almost 1-1/4” (31.8mm) of total width for some serious stability-adding performance. Our Wide Front A-arms extend the front width by exactly the difference in offset between the front and rear wheels. All you need to do is get a second set of “front” wheels and bolt them to the rear to align the front and rear tires and you’re good to go! No expensive prefabricated widening kits or time-consuming conversions. It’s as easy as replacing your stock A-arms with RPM wide A-arms, swap the turnbuckles and camber links for longer versions (not included see “Tech Notes” below) and bolt on a new set of rear wheels! It couldn’t be easier.

You already know RPM A-arms are the toughest molded a-arms in the R/C industry (gram for gram, stronger than aluminum as well)! Each RPM A-arm is molded from our trademark blend of nearly indestructible nylons and backed by our world-renowned limited lifetime warranty against breakage. RPM durability combined with RPM affordability; there’s no way you can go wrong!

Tech Notes: RPM wide A-arms for the Traxxas Rustler & Stampede 2wd fit all electric versions of these models, although additional parts (not included) are required for completion as listed here:

Rustler XL-5: 1 – RPM Screw Kit #70680, 1 – Traxxas #3643 (long camber links), 1 – Traxxas #3645 (long toe links) & 1 pair of front wheels (used to replace rear wheels).

Stampede XL-5, Craniac & Skully: 1 – RPM Screw Kit #70680, 1 – Traxxas #3643 (long camber links), 1 – Traxxas #2338 (long toe links) & 1 pair of front wheels (used to replace rear wheels).

Rustler VXL: 1 – Traxxas #3643 (long camber links), 1 – Traxxas #3645 (long toe links) & 1 pair of front wheels (used to replace rear wheels).

Stampede VXL: 1 – Traxxas #2338 (long toe links) & 1 pair of front wheels (used to replace rear wheels).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back