Non-Arrma related - Built a back yard crawler course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoss81

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
With this COVID junk going on I haven't really been able to hit my favorite bashing spots because most of the parks have been closed and/or my wife and I just have agreed it isn't a great idea to take the risk.

So my crawling interest has peaked just because you don't need a ton of space to do it and have fun. I decided a few months back to start building a crawler course in my back yard. I live on .76 of an acre and have what feels like enough spare wood to build a house. I got some friends together this weekend (Social distancing of course.....sort of) and we finished it up and I made a video.

Nice! I’ve been really looking into crawling. Thinking about getting the Gen 7 sport, just to test the waters. How does the Gen 8 compare/hold up to the TRX-4?

Great course, what was the Power Wagon? Gen8? crushed with those big tires. Your boy was gettn r done too, nice driving.

Nice! I’ve been really looking into crawling. Thinking about getting the Gen 7 sport, just to test the waters. How does the Gen 8 compare/hold up to the TRX-4?

I love them both, but when it comes to absolute performance I think you could build a much better crawler for cheap if you went with the GEN8 PACK like I did and just added tires, electronics and body. The best thing about the TRX4 is the gadgetry. The locking and unlocking diffs makes the truck turn on a dime, but literally no other RC Crawler anywhere has it, so it's not necessary. Most courses if you take the right line your locked diffs won't impact your turning radius.

The Gen8 is lighter which on some obstacles is bad, but on others is good. If I knew I had to have only 1 I'd probably pick the TRX4 because it just has so much extra stuff. But if I was trying to build something to outperform my buddys fancy TRX4, I cold do it with the Gen8 for cheaper and be better.
Great course, what was the Power Wagon? Gen8? crushed with those big tires. Your boy was gettn r done too, nice driving.
Yes, Power wagon is a GEN8 PACK kit that I added wheels/tires, electronics and body to. It's a HW 1080, Holmes 15T 550 crawler motor, and some cheap generic Amazon 20kg servo I had laying around. Running on a 2S pack. The 2.2's make everything very easy.

Yeah, for only being 3 he is pretty good at driving. He gets alot of practice and is as obsesses as I am.

With this COVID junk going on I haven't really been able to hit my favorite bashing spots because most of the parks have been closed and/or my wife and I just have agreed it isn't a great idea to take the risk.

So my crawling interest has peaked just because you don't need a ton of space to do it and have fun. I decided a few months back to start building a crawler course in my back yard. I live on .76 of an acre and have what feels like enough spare wood to build a house. I got some friends together this weekend (Social distancing of course.....sort of) and we finished it up and I made a video.

Just letting you know. You got poison ivy on that tree where the platforms are at??‍♂️???

Just letting you know. You got poison ivy on that tree where the platforms are at??‍♂️???
Lol, I know. Sprayed it with some roundup yesterday.

Im mildly allergic so for me its been basically the equivalent of mosquito bites.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back