Non diff brain - easy way to do it manually?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccattie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
Sorry for the poorly worded subject. I like, many others, recently purchased the no frills Nero because I couldn't pass up $329 after coups. I wondered is there an easy way to manually perform any of the lockings without the system or servos? Like can you poke something somewhere and manually lock up the center or anything? I guess I'm asking, is it always stuck in blast mode unless you add the DB? I guess sometimes I wouldn't mind locking the center up for wheelies and goofing around. I'm not too concerned with crawling or drifting. I have a Fazon too, so I can get my fill that way.
-c

Sorry for the poorly worded subject. I like, many others, recently purchased the no frills Nero because I couldn't pass up $329 after coups. I wondered is there an easy way to manually perform any of the lockings without the system or servos? Like can you poke something somewhere and manually lock up the center or anything? I guess I'm asking, is it always stuck in blast mode unless you add the DB? I guess sometimes I wouldn't mind locking the center up for wheelies and goofing around. I'm not too concerned with crawling or drifting. I have a Fazon too, so I can get my fill that way.
-c

Not that I am aware of. I have installed the diff brain on a couple of stock Neros and unless you are willing to pull the center diff out every time you want to engage or disengage the locker you would really have to fabricate some kind of leaver to make it work. It would be easier just to buy the diff brain and install it.

I thought that would be the case. Thanks. Maybe if I come across a cheap set, I'll pick it up. I don't need it $80.
-c

Where are you finding the whole diff brain setup for $80?

You can usually find it in ebay for around that price. I've gotten a complete set up before off of eBay for around that. Usually the servos are about $16 (you'll need 3) and the diff brain for about $20 plus shipping. Looks like everyone is out of stock right now but keep an eye out for them. The rc chop shops put them out all the time.

You can usually find it in ebay for around that price. I've gotten a complete set up before off of eBay for around that. Usually the servos are about $16 (you'll need 3) and the diff brain for about $20 plus shipping. Looks like everyone is out of stock right now but keep an eye out for them. The rc chop shops put them out all the time.
Yeah, the only reason I asked is because I'm not seeing it on Ebay. Good to know it usually is there. Hey, in your opinion, if you have a non-brain Nero, do you think it's a must to put a brain in eventually? I guess what I'm asking is, is the diff brain worth it or does it just add more things to break?

Yeah, the only reason I asked is because I'm not seeing it on Ebay. Good to know it usually is there. Hey, in your opinion, if you have a non-brain Nero, do you think it's a must to put a brain in eventually? I guess what I'm asking is, is the diff brain worth it or does it just add more things to break?

In my opinion, yes. You will want to get it eventually but I don't think you need to rush to get it. I got my green Nero back in September and installed the diff brain immediately. I run my Nero in blast mode probably 90% of the time. Drift and wheelie mode is fun to play around with but climb mode is about useless for me. A lot of people here run with the center locked all the time. It's really just a preference. I say drive it without the brain first and see how you like it. I assume that you will be running it on 6s?

In my opinion, yes. You will want to get it eventually but I don't think you need to rush to get it. I got my green Nero back in September and installed the diff brain immediately. I run my Nero in blast mode probably 90% of the time. Drift and wheelie mode is fun to play around with but climb mode is about useless for me. A lot of people here run with the center locked all the time. It's really just a preference. I say drive it without the brain first and see how you like it. I assume that you will be running it on 6s?
Yeah 6S. I do not have any 2S batteries. Just four 3S, one 4S, and one 6S. I take it you probably need to use 2 batteries with the Nero. My 4S and 6S packs probably would not fit.
How would you compare the non diff to the diff Nero in terms of mode? What would it be closest to?
Thanks.

Yeah 6S. I do not have any 2S batteries. Just four 3S, one 4S, and one 6S. I take it you probably need to use 2 batteries with the Nero. My 4S and 6S packs probably would not fit.
How would you compare the non diff to the diff Nero in terms of mode? What would it be closest to?
Thanks.

Yup. I'm running 2 3s packs with my Nero. On 6s I can get it to pop a wheelie in blast mode. One time I was actually using the wheelie mode to do wheelies and and broke a grub screw....lol. like I said I use blast mode most since I like to go really fast off road. Drift on 6s your tail end just goes everywhere. In blast, the Nero is like a really heavy Kraton that doesn't fly as well....lol. about half the time the nose is either up or down and you'll have to make adjustments in the air....but then again...I'm not a very good jumper. Ha!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back