Typhon noob has a question or two (surprise surprise🤣)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Typhon 6s v5

First question. I know it doesn't matter as it's the same on each side, but was it just a mistake that they installed the steering plate with the words on the bottom?
20221002_113613[1].jpg
(Eddy was hanging around so threw a pair of him in. I here he's fast.)

Another question. There is quite a bit of play in the steering from the bell crank.
Shimming them wont work as it's not the bearing but only the bell crank that has play. Any thoughts/fixes/advice?

The EXB writing side down is for plastic chassis braces with M3 screws. The EXB writing side up is for metal chassis braces with M4 screws.
I knew that. Thanks for reminding me that I'm durrr! 🤪
No but seriously thank you.:)

Happens from time to time… especially if your 🥴 LOL (I know it’s happened to me when I’m 🥴) 🤣🤣
Here's the kicker...I'm the furthest from 🥴. Maybe that's the problem?😜
I already flipped it and I like the nice lettering so I rigged it just now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
20221002_124524[1].jpg

Typhon 6s v5

First question. I know it doesn't matter as it's the same on each side, but was it just a mistake that they installed the steering plate with the words on the bottom?View attachment 247441 (Eddy was hanging around so threw a pair of him in. I here he's fast.)

Another question. There is quite a bit of play in the steering from the bell crank.
Shimming them wont work as it's not the bearing but only the bell crank that has play. Any thoughts/fixes/advice?
I also had play in my bell crank .so how I fixed was by adding a washer at the bottom and a few on each ends.

I also had play in my bell crank .so how I fixed was by adding a washer at the bottom and a few on each ends.
But doesn't the washer rest on the bell crank? If so it got rid of the play but is just a spacer with friction...?

I object to you calling yourself a noob anymore. You've been here too long.
Agreed. Boob maybe…definitely not a Noob 😉

Last edited:
But doesn't the washer rest on the bell crank? If so it got rid of the play but is just a spacer with friction...?
I put my washer under the bell crank assembly.so it has no contact with bearing .just raises it up enough to be snug.i did it to my BRcc .so my bell crank might be a different size.so you would need to check after you place one to see if you can still turn without interfering with operation.also my stock bell crank and stearing linkage is garbage from stock.so I bought aluminum with steel ball ends

IMG_20220724_225826176.jpg

IMG_20220829_202508638.jpg

IMG_20220724_201910426.jpg

I put my washer under the bell crank assembly.so it has no contact with bearing .just raises it up enough to be snug.i did it to my BRcc .so my bell crank might be a different size.so you would need to check after you place one to see if you can still turn without interfering with operation.also my stock bell crank and stearing linkage is garbage from stock.so I bought aluminum with steel ball ends

IMG_20220724_225826176.jpg

IMG_20220829_202508638.jpg

IMG_20220724_201910426.jpg
Correction .I used 2 washers only and that was with the stock .when I installed the aluminum I had no play .because the aluminum bell crank is a slight thicker. sometimes thicker is better .that's what she says 😁👍.also stock tei rods were junk due to plastic ball ends and they wear very fast and just way to much slop.for me I can't have that kind of sloppiness because I'm a speed runner and I need my poop to be straight.maybey for those who like to jump 100 ft don't really care about a little play but for me it's important since my runs need to dialed in perfect or I'll be spending my kids xmass money lol .don't think they would want that.

Last edited:
I will always consider myself noob. Like the song goes "I know a little bit about a lot of things, but I don't know a lot about everything"
That's how I describe myself. I have to go look up that song now. :ROFLMAO:
Over on RCtalk.com, you get labeled if you are a NOOB.
I haven't been there in a while. I need to check in.;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back