Notorious Noob Here! Must have replacement parts for the Notorious.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revlimitlude

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hey guys! Total newbie here with no spare parts. Still waiting on my truck but what’s the must have spare parts to have on hand for the notorious? I have nothing but did order a dynamite tool kit.

I see there is a “must have upgrades” thread and I have went ahead an ordered an aluminum servo mount and considering shock towers but really just looking for the smaller parts to buy a bunch of to keep me rolling instead of waiting for misc parts. Any help is appreciated.

Chassis
Chassis brace
Diff case
Towers
Diff cups
Chassis isn't really a must have, not saying that the short wheelbase chassis is indestructible, it is just less likely to bend compared to the Kraton or Talion, I am only on my third chassis in the past 2 years, and the second one I only got rid of because the droop screws were almost through the chassis.
But I do agree with the chassis braces and shock towers.

Hey guys! Total newbie here with no spare parts. Still waiting on my truck but what’s the must have spare parts to have on hand for the notorious? I have nothing but did order a dynamite tool kit.

I see there is a “must have upgrades” thread and I have went ahead an ordered an aluminum servo mount and considering shock towers but really just looking for the smaller parts to buy a bunch of to keep me rolling instead of waiting for misc parts. Any help is appreciated.
Get some tekno shock ends and ball inserts to replace the stock ones as they break.

Attachments

• 20191012_125843.jpg
    20191012_125843.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 81
Chassis isn't really a must have, not saying that the short wheelbase chassis is indestructible, it is just less likely to bend compared to the Kraton or Talion, I am only on my third chassis in the past 2 years, and the second one I only got rid of because the droop screws were almost through the chassis.
But I do agree with the chassis braces and shock towers.
These are on my list. Thanks
Get some tekno shock ends and ball inserts to replace the stock ones as they break.

Exactly what I was looking for. Any other maintenance items like these you’d recommend let me know. Thanks!

Probably should have asked what your driving conditions will be? Hard bashing?

Welcome to the forum!

Why does he need all of this stuff laying around, yall? lol
Wing mounts maybe?
Just don't drive it wide ass open into a wall? (which I know you wouldn't do)
Its a very strong truck from the get-go. Beat on it and blast it?? Right out of the box it's stronger than so many. Enjoy it and worry about stuff if it breaks. In my opinion, do the replacements once and it's just as easy to replace broken as new. After a few weeks of understanding a wild new rig, change out bearings. This is what I would do.

Edit: I haven't bent a long chassis and wouldn't expect to bend my Noto chassis first. Rear shock tower will bend eventually if you send it hard and high in the air. Servo mount is a good idea because it won't break before you can see +performance with aluminum upgrade..
No worries. Beat on it.

Last edited:
I break shock ends most of all. I no longer run the wing but the mount breaks often if you land right on it. Set of front and rear arms from Jennys will run you maybe 16$. A spare assembled front/rear dif. Everyone will say bearings but they all suck so you might as well just run the stock ones until the fail. Just have a set of Jims or fasteddies on hand but like I said they don't last either. Buy a set of wheel nuts as they fly off from time to time. Having a tire blow off the rim will stop you quickly so I carry a spare or two with me. Good set of hex drivers, spare servo, decent charger, more 6s batteries...pretty much all I can think of right now. Great truck, Have Fun!

Probably should have asked what your driving conditions will be? Hard bashing?

BMX track and natural terrain mostly. I’ll stay away from the concrete and skate parks until I get used to the truck.
Welcome to the forum!

Why does he need all of this stuff laying around, yall? lol
Wing mounts maybe?
Just don't drive it wide ass open into a wall? (which I know you wouldn't do)
Its a very strong truck from the get-go. Beat on it and blast it?? Right out of the box it's stronger than so many. Enjoy it and worry about stuff if it breaks. In my opinion, do the replacements once and it's just as easy to replace broken as new. After a few weeks of understanding a wild new rig, change out bearings. This is what I would do.

Edit: I haven't bent a long chassis and wouldn't expect to bend my Noto chassis first. Rear shock tower will bend eventually if you send it hard and high in the air. Servo mount is a good idea because it won't break before you can see +performance with aluminum upgrade..
No worries. Beat on it.

Good to hear, that’s why I picked it instead of comparable models in other brands.
I break shock ends most of all. I no longer run the wing but the mount breaks often if you land right on it. Set of front and rear arms from Jennys will run you maybe 16$. A spare assembled front/rear dif. Everyone will say bearings but they all suck so you might as well just run the stock ones until the fail. Just have a set of Jims or fasteddies on hand but like I said they don't last either. Buy a set of wheel nuts as they fly off from time to time. Having a tire blow off the rim will stop you quickly so I carry a spare or two with me. Good set of hex drivers, spare servo, decent charger, more 6s batteries...pretty much all I can think of right now. Great truck, Have Fun!

Who’s this girl “Jenny” everyone talks about? I have a feeling one way or another she’s going to get me in trouble with the old lady. Thanks for the recommendation I will check those out.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum @Revlimitlude. Spare parts or upgrades, there's a big difference. The plastic a arms, front and rear, the wing mount and hinge pins are parts that I always have spares of. These are more common breaks under everyday driving situations. Once you get going hard on the truck, the front c blocks (pillow ball carrier) will likely start to crack and split, so easily on the list. Stock shock towers can be bent back straight fairly easily, but if you're aggressive enough to bend towers, then your dif cases are likely in jeopardy. One things for sure, no matter how many spares you carry, the part that breaks is the one that's missing. Jennys Rc is an online kit breaker that sells new parts from disassembled new trucks. This will save a ton of money. Direct to their online store at https://jennysrc.com/ or through ebay at Jennys ebay. One thing is for sure, if you were brave enough to buy a Notorious, than spare parts are part of your future.
Welcome to the forum @Revlimitlude. Spare parts or upgrades, there's a big difference. The plastic a arms, front and rear, the wing mount and hinge pins are parts that I always have spares of. These are more common breaks under everyday driving situations. Once you get going hard on the truck, the front c blocks (pillow ball carrier) will likely start to crack and split, so easily on the list. Stock shock towers can be bent back straight fairly easily, but if you're aggressive enough to bend towers, then your dif cases are likely in jeopardy. One things for sure, no matter how many spares you carry, the part that breaks is the one that's missing. Jennys Rc is an online kit breaker that sells new parts from disassembled new trucks. This will save a ton of money. Direct to their online store at https://jennysrc.com/ or through ebay at Jennys ebay. One thing is for sure, if you were brave enough to buy a Notorious, than spare parts are part of your future.
Oh yeah, don't forget screws, lots of screws. M3's and M4's, preferably cap heads instead of flat or button head types. There are only a few spots where the flat heads are a must like under the chassis. When I replace screws, almost always use cap heads instead, even if the hole is counter suck. Using my 2.5mm driver instead of the 2mm that many of the screws require, makes stripping a lot less frequent.

Following this for my outcast I just got. Ordered a set of A Arms from jennys. under $16 shipped for all 4 corners and turn buckles! I don't beat on my rigs so that'll be a good place to start!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back