Granite Noob needs transmission help for Voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryank

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m a noob but got the Arrma Voltage for my 7 year old. The left wheel seems to want to spin opposite the right wheel all of a sudden. I took the transmission apart because it was getting a lot of resistance when I rolled it. There’s probably an easy fix I just can’t figure it out. The motor spins nicely but grinds and clicks with both wheels on the ground. Anyone know how to fix?

I experienced the same thing Sunday afternoon after blipping the throttle for *maybe* a half second. Mine is brushless on 3S, so it was a ticking time bomb.

I'm guessing these are the gear(s) I am looking to replace, haven't opened her up yet/ Accessing the gear case seems like a severe PITA.

ARRMA Radio Controlled Cars (RC Cars) - Designed Fast, Designed Tough - Google Chrome 11_9_202...png

Last edited:
You have to split the entire chassis apart into left/right halves to gain access to the idler gear and diff so it's kinda a PITA but it's not bad after you do it once.

Inside that diff are going to be spider gears and crown gear/outdrive shaft. Sadly Arrma doesn't just sell just the diff gears for the voltage and you have to buy their full diff/idler gear combo, so if you open up that diff and have broken gears inside then it's new diff time.

Fortunately the diff and idler gear set for the voltage is only $10 usd, so I'd stock up on those and the plastic outdrive cups because these parts are common failures on the voltage.

Anyways I have a Voltage and I've done quite a bit to it so if you want to read up a summary of what I have experienced with it and my recommendations on upgrades/spare parts/fixes you can check out my post here
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-granite-voltage.25463/post-349772

Thanks. Is there a good way to split the chassis? I’m thinking that’s next up because now the spur gear isn’t engaging any with the pinion. Whatever is going on in the differential is messing everything up.

This all is exactly what I need. I'm pretty sure I'll no longer be a noob after I crack open the chassis (and put it back!).

You have to split the entire chassis apart into left/right halves to gain access to the idler gear and diff so it's kinda a PITA but it's not bad after you do it once.

Inside that diff are going to be spider gears and crown gear/outdrive shaft. Sadly Arrma doesn't just sell just the diff gears for the voltage and you have to buy their full diff/idler gear combo, so if you open up that diff and have broken gears inside then it's new diff time.

Fortunately the diff and idler gear set for the voltage is only $10 usd, so I'd stock up on those and the plastic outdrive cups because these parts are common failures on the voltage.

Anyways I have a Voltage and I've done quite a bit to it so if you want to read up a summary of what I have experienced with it and my recommendations on upgrades/spare parts/fixes you can check out my post here
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-granite-voltage.25463/post-349772
If you want to spend more than the whole truck you can get a steel drivetrain for the truck from integy on ebay for $100. pair that with the cups from a 6s diff and you will probably find the weakest link in the axles hahahaha. i'm going to try it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back