Noob question about mutiple controllers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caracalla

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey all. I've looked a bit for the answer to this but can't find what I'm looking for. I've picked up three RTR ARRMAs now and I know I could bind a single controller to all of them if I want but I'm looking to maybe do that, but also have the stock controllers work for if a friend or two and I want to do some bashing. Is there a way to have one "master" controller that I use with whatever car I take out (DX5C most likely and select each profile individually) but still also have the cars respond to whichever controller they came with?
I guess I'm just confused which piece does the "binding"..the receiver or the controller.

Depends on what RTRs you have. The Spektrum DX5 and the Spektrum SLT3 run different protocols and the recievers will not bind to the other.

If you are looking for a controller and the price is not a factor get a https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/dx5-rugged-5-channel-dsmr-transmitter-with-sr515/SPM5200.html all you need is one compatible receiver for each car if you are looking for a cheaper one which is still very good get https://www.banggood.com/DumboRC-X6...807&custlinkid=286413&cur_warehouse=CN&ID=226
Those rugged controllers are super cool looking. I've been drooling over them a bit. I'm actually kind of looking for the opposite of what you're suggesting though. I have the stock controller for all 3 of my ARRMAs. I'm just wondering if I buy a nicer one to use for all of them if there's a way the other ones will still work too without having to re-bind them each time.

Depends on what RTRs you have. The Spektrum DX5 and the Spektrum SLT3 run different protocols and the recievers will not bind to the other.
oh bummer. I didn't know that. They all have SLT3's. I figured if I stuck with the Spektrum world they'd all work with each other. :(

In other words the SLR300 reciever will not bind to the DX5 and the SR315 reciever will not bind to the SLT3.
oh bummer. I didn't know that. They all have SLT3's. I figured if I stuck with the Spektrum world they'd all work with each other. :(
No, sorry. The Spektrum SLT runs the same SLT protocol as the Tactic transmitters. The Spektrum DX5 runs the Spektrum dsmr protocol.

In other words the SLR300 reciever will not bind to the DX5 and the SR315 reciever will not bind to the SLT3.

No, sorry. The Spektrum SLT runs the same SLT protocol as the Tactic transmitters. The Spektrum DX5 runs the Spektrum dsmr protocol.

The SR315 is a dual protocol receiver and will bind to transmitters running SLT or DSMR. Not at the same time obviously.

My V5 Kraton came with an SLT3 and an SR315, as do most new Arrmas without AVC.

I'm not aware of any (other than old AM/FM) receivers that will bind to multiple transmitters. You can get transmitters that will store/bind to multiple receivers pretty easily though. But as far as I know, that receiver will only talk to the transmitter it is bound to, and if you try binding it to another transmitter, it won't work for the "main" transmitter any longer without rebinding it.

Would be handy though for situations like that.

With the old AM/FM, you'd change the crystal on the transmitter, but then you would have two transmitters on the same frequency... so while it would allow it to work, you would have one transmitter fighting with another to control the same trucks at the same time.

The SR315 is a dual protocol receiver and will bind to transmitters running SLT or DSMR. Not at the same time obviously.

My V5 Kraton came with an SLT3 and an SR315, as do most new Arrmas without AVC.
Yeah, I knew that they started using a dual protocol reciever but wasn't sure if the SR315 was the dual protocol RX.

I'm not aware of any (other than old AM/FM) receivers that will bind to multiple transmitters. You can get transmitters that will store/bind to multiple receivers pretty easily though. But as far as I know, that receiver will only talk to the transmitter it is bound to, and if you try binding it to another transmitter, it won't work for the "main" transmitter any longer without rebinding it.

Would be handy though for situations like that.

With the old AM/FM, you'd change the crystal on the transmitter, but then you would have two transmitters on the same frequency... so while it would allow it to work, you would have one transmitter fighting with another to control the same trucks at the same time.
I'm oldschool enough that that's how things were done before my recent re-interest in RC. :D

I'm oldschool enough that that's how things were done before my recent re-interest in RC. :D

I am in your situation....not talking about the protocol which I know is important for binding...I cannot do that either what you are trying to do.

I have a DX5C and all these 3S 4x4 bind to it...

If I want to bash with family, I have to bind it with the OEM radio or a radio so they have one. So the bind in the DX5C is no use anymore even if I selected it.

However, I am happy to know when I am ready to put the RC back on the DX5C rebind that it picks up the profile so any endpoints, AVC, throttle, brake, trim settings the RC uses those so no do-over. When I put it back to the OEM radio I have to set endpoints and all this so fam doesn't burn out my servo each time I bind with other radio.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back