Granite Noob questions: Lost wheel nut, what size to replace? New tire suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wakko

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Vorteks
  3. Voltage
So on my first outing to a local bash/track spot, the R/R wheel came off due to the nut transporting itself into outer space. I think I'm better off replacing it with a metal lock nut and a washer, no? Is it M5? The stock tires have pretty notable wear after a short amount of use, what's the suggested wheel/tire upgrade? This is a definite fun truck, but I'm actively looking for my first 3S to beat on.

Also something to check out, this happened to our Voltage as well and it turns out the root cause was the wheel hex had stripped, so everytime we hit the gas the axle would unscrew itself.
Especially if this was the right rear, I would look extra close at your hex and your wheel.

Hrm. Yes. Aluminum wheel hexes is a legit upgrade. The plastic ones are kind of poop because you can't tighten the nut appreciably without smushing them and sometimes effing up the rim and or smushing the rim into the hub because the plastic hex smushes.

Smushed parts bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back