North Carolina North Carolina?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Huntersville... you would think there would be tons of spots... not the case. If you find a spot let me know... I'll do the same.

we are in caldwell county, have a 1/8 mile dirt oval set up, and building an offroad track now.

I'm from Charlotte. Unfortunately there arent any good spots, just any park. Just about all the track are outside of charlotte but not many tho. Most Charlotte RC hobbyist are drag racers from what ive found out since joining this hobby in december. Charlotte does have 2 skate parks but one is closed(at a rec enter) and the other is like diy spot but very crowded. I am interested in contacting Meck Parks & rec to see if they could set up a RC night, at Hornet's Nest BMX Track, on the nights that there arent races.

I stopped by Hornets Nest Park this week just to see if we could access the BMX track and run until someone stopped us. They have all the gates locked up so no easy access. Contact them... would be great if they would let us. That said... I have my doubts that they will.

I live between Salisbury and Kannapolis. Other than my yard, I haven’t found many great bashing spots either. I’ve been considering building my own bashing park in my yard.

What’s worse than the lack of bashing/skate parks is the lack of local hobby shops. It’s a half hour to Hobby Town in Mooresvile, 45 minutes to Anderson RC in Thomasville and there’s a shop in Winston-Salem (I forgot the name). What’s funny is there are like 4-5 train shops under a half hour from me. Is there really that much demand for scale trains?? Are there any good shops in Charlotte?

ONLY 30 minutes to a LHS?? Id consider yourself lucky.
Yeah, I guess I was spoiled. When I first moved to the area (20 years ago), there use to be a lot more LHS around. Now, getting back into the hobby, I find I shop eBay, Amazon and the slew of online hobby websites for all of my supplies. Which is fine, but I do miss the window shopping and in person advice/support.

Agreed .. 30 mins or less is GREAT!

My closest HT is about 30 mins away and all it is, is a store - which up until recently had barely anything on the shelves. The closest track is an hour with no traffic. If I recall, Mooresville has an indoor track.

Sorry for reviving an older post, especially as my first post on the forums! I'm in Matthews and have been using the local parks. Pursey-Hulsey Park has a nice sized grass field and a bmx(ish) track with some ramps. They are building a nature trail right behind my back yard I have been using too but its still a bit too rutted, that should change soon. My problem is not locations but finding other bashers. One of my neighbors comes out with me sometimes but doesn't have his own rig yet, lol.

Sorry for reviving an older post, especially as my first post on the forums! I'm in Matthews and have been using the local parks. Pursey-Hulsey Park has a nice sized grass field and a bmx(ish) track with some ramps. They are building a nature trail right behind my back yard I have been using too but its still a bit too rutted, that should change soon. My problem is not locations but finding other bashers. One of my neighbors comes out with me sometimes but doesn't have his own rig yet, lol.
If you are on facebook join the group "Queen City RC" a bunch of guys have bashers and are looking to setup a meetup when the weather wants to play nice

If in the Charlotte NC area, hit me up. Need some bash partners!

Awesome, thanks for the suggestion. I just joined.
Hey. Have you done any Charlotte meetups yet? Hit me up as I’m in the Qc bashers group and am trying to make a series of bashing sessions happen

Not yet sir. So far i have found a few good bash sites though. James Porter just got two free skateboard ramps, so Shuffletown park is our spot at the moment.

I’m near Sandy Ridge (west of Madison NC). As far as I know there aren’t any bash spots near here. I’m fortunate enough to have a well stocked hobby shop 10mins down the road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back