Illinois Northern Illinois Meetup - Sunday May 5th 1pm @ Indian Lakes Open Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1704727335547.png

Be prepared for a snowy meetup this weekend! I recommend leaving the road cars at home.

Later in the week, after the big snow hits, I'll go over to our bash spot and see what it looks like. I'm not sure if the village will plow the lot or leave it snow covered for donuts.

dodge-challenger-mopar-donuts.gif

View attachment 341523

Be prepared for a snowy meetup this weekend! I recommend leaving the road cars at home.

Later in the week, after the big snow hits, I'll go over to our bash spot and see what it looks like. I'm not sure if the village will plow the lot or leave it snow covered for donuts.

View attachment 341525
1704733474350.png

Not once but twice! Snow bashing is fun though. I’m paying closer attention to the temps. Sunday forecast shows 12 degrees with high winds.

Last edited:
As I'm sure you all already know, the weather in Chicagoland has been sucking these past couple days. Tomorrow's high temp is now forecasted as below 0.

I'm going to cancel this month's meetup. Sorry for the late, last minute update. Most of those in the Telegram group have also said they are not going to attend due to the temp forecast.

1705201891506.png

Lets hope February has some better weather! Stay warm everyone!

Just 4 more days until the next meetup! Who's ready?!

I'll have my Typhon, XL Typhon, DBXL-E, and newly upgraded mini-t 2.0.

Something is seized on my Infraction's drivetrain that needs investigation, so it may not make it to the meetup depending upon how much time and effort I put into it.

Due to a knee injury, I may or may not be able to bring the big ramp this weekend. It all depends how my knee is feeling on Sunday when I have to load the ramp into the truck. I apologize in advance if it does not appear.

Who is interested in some more SCT racing? With the snow melt and some possible rain tomorrow, the track might be a little muddy for extra fun. If there is interest again, I'll bring my Senton along with the timing system. Just a reminder for SCT racing, we prefer (but NOT required) that you are running the following:
  • 1/10th scale
  • RWD
  • Brushed
  • 2s Lipo Max
  • No Gyro
  • Have a SCT body so the wheels are not exposed

Hey all, new around here. Checking in on this thread see how the local bash groups are these days. I used to bash at hidden hill at Schiller woods, but I heard that track was bulldozed during the pandemic... Bummer...

Anyway I'm in Brookfield. Looking forward to meet up with some locals this summer!

-Phil

Hey all, new around here. Checking in on this thread see how the local bash groups are these days. I used to bash at hidden hill at Schiller woods, but I heard that track was bulldozed during the pandemic... Bummer...

Anyway I'm in Brookfield. Looking forward to meet up with some locals this summer!

-Phil
Welcome to the forum! We meet every month (weather permitting), no need to wait until summer! What cars do you typically drive around?

We don't have an official track, but we do create the same "track" layout each month for both off road an on road racing. A bunch of us have SCT trucks and race them (with the specs for those trucks a few posts up) alone, and then we often do a bunch of "run what ya brung" races where you'll see everything from 1/10 to 1/5 all in the same race - tons of fun. For on road races, you'll often see buggies, Infractions, Felonies, and Limitless running.

Feel free to join our Telegram group (find the link in the first post of this thread) for bashing and speed run mini meetups which are not posted here on ArrmaForum.

It'll be great to meet you whenever you're able to make it!

Welcome to the forum! We meet every month (weather permitting), no need to wait until summer! What cars do you typically drive around?

We don't have an official track, but we do create the same "track" layout each month for both off road an on road racing. A bunch of us have SCT trucks and race them (with the specs for those trucks a few posts up) alone, and then we often do a bunch of "run what ya brung" races where you'll see everything from 1/10 to 1/5 all in the same race - tons of fun. For on road races, you'll often see buggies, Infractions, Felonies, and Limitless running.

Feel free to join our Telegram group (find the link in the first post of this thread) for bashing and speed run mini meetups which are not posted here on ArrmaForum.

It'll be great to meet you whenever you're able to make it!
Thanks zookeeper!

I have multiple vehicles I can take out of retirement, but you know how that goes... Currently I have been modifying a 2wd stampede and having a blast with it. It's like the Legos of the RC car world. I'll be collecting enough parts to go from monster basher to 2wd SCT in no time. I do like the idea of 2wd brushed class for some fun clean fair racing.

I also just purchased a Kraton 6S which I haven't run yet. I'm going to work on setup and first runs this Monday after the snow melt.

I'll check out the telegram group. Thanks!

Back