Illinois Northern Illinois Meetup - Sunday May 5th 1pm @ Indian Lakes Open Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly buying paddles is out of budget for me atm regardless, I just bought my MX28s last week and I have an engine rebuild in my full scale toy to pay for lmao. I do eventually want to get a set to play around with though. For now I just gotta see how much work those MX28s can do!

I just joined this forum and had no idea there were other people in my area (West Chicago suburbs) that were into RC cars. My brother and I have a ton of Arrma vehicles and will try to join. We do mostly bashing.
My favorite is my upgraded Talion. Other favorites are my 8s Outcast, and truggified Typhon.
What’s all done to your talion? I’m gonna bring mine the next time I can make it up

What’s all done to your talion? I’m gonna bring mine the next time I can make it up
I bash this pretty hard. I've broken front/rear arms, bent the EXB f/r towers, wheel hubs, bent the chassis and tower to tower brace, cracked diff housing, plus probably 5 wing mounts.
I replaced the broken bits with RPM arms, bumper, and wing mount, Basherqueen carbon fiber towers and carbon center brace, hobbywing Max 8 G2 combo. Plus I put a buggy body on it. It's pretty dialed in right now.

PXL_20230204_155038675.jpg

PXL_20230204_154719951.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230204_155011315.jpg

PXL_20230204_155022504.jpg

My Typhon is about 90% ready to go, it might not make it to the meetup though. The Infraction is currently completely disassembled for maintenance, so it definitely wont make it. At minimum I'll be bringing my K8s, Senton 3s, Granite, and maybe a Mini-T 2.0.

I drove by again this evening. Most of the snow is gone, but the parking lot is pretty wet with some large puddles in places. Still a little snow on the grass.

20230208_165648.jpg

20230208_165707.jpg

My Typhon is about 90% ready to go, it might not make it to the meetup though. The Infraction is currently completely disassembled for maintenance, so it definitely wont make it. At minimum I'll be bringing my K8s, Senton 3s, Granite, and maybe a Mini-T 2.0.

I drove by again this evening. Most of the snow is gone, but the parking lot is pretty wet with some large puddles in places. Still a little snow on the grass.

View attachment 276837

View attachment 276838
Thanks. Did they keep the parking lot plowed?

Thanks. Did they keep the parking lot plowed?

Not that I'm aware of. The last time I drove through, it appeared they had plowed the area we drag race on, but the remainder of the lot was unplowed.

This is my first time attending the meet up. Does anyone bring ramps? Mine got destroyed last summer and I haven't built a new one.

This is my first time attending the meet up. Does anyone bring ramps? Mine got destroyed last summer and I haven't built a new one.
Awesome. Yeah there’s a really solid ramp there every time thanks to @ZooKeeper

Sorry I've been absent. Today I was spending time on my other hobby, board games, with the wife and our gaming group.

I will most certainly be bringing the big ramp.

I've been lazy and still haven't made any progress on my Typhon, so it'll be staying home. See you guys this afternoon!

I had an awesome time today. Thanks for letting me join the fun.
Now it's time to upgrade my Talion bulkheads lol

I think the ramp claimed 3 cars today, so I've upped the kill counter!

20230212_175026.jpg

I broke a screw on the steering linkage on the K8s, had a hinge pin pop out on a rear hub on the Senton, and my kids Mini-T is having some strange steering issues I need to look into.

It was tons of fun, thanks to everyone who came out to bash!

Back