Illinois Northern Illinois Meetup - Sunday May 5th 1pm @ Indian Lakes Open Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not think mine did either, but there was some in it. Not sure on weight but much lighter than what I put in. 70F/80R.
So wait tho isn't is more beneficial with 70 r 80 f. Wouldn't it give you a little movement in the rear or am I think it other way?

So wait tho isn't is more beneficial with 70 r 80 f. Wouldn't it give you a little movement in the rear or am I think it other way?
I'm just experimenting here. I may switch it up. This is the first time I'm changing shock oil. One thing I'd like to see is the front not lift so much and I don't want to crank down too much on the rear springs. I could be all wrong though.

I'm just experimenting here. I may switch it up. This is the first time I'm changing shock oil. One thing I'd like to see is the front not lift so much and I don't want to crank down too much on the rear springs. I could be all wrong though.
Try it but I think the other would be better. I'll do my mojave the opposite and we'll see

Try it but I think the other would be better. I'll do my mojave the opposite and we'll see
I'm thinking the stiffer it is, the more likely that the weakest point becomes tires vs ground, which should help the front grab more so I can drift the rear out. Looser in the back seems like tires will grab more instead of break free causing the stiffer front to push out and understeer?

I'm thinking the stiffer it is, the more likely that the weakest point becomes tires vs ground, which should help the front grab more so I can drift the rear out. Looser in the back seems like tires will grab more instead of break free causing the stiffer front to push out and understeer?
I think thats more diff tuning

I think thats more diff tuning
I understand that diff tuning is adjusting how the power gets transferred to the wheels, but suspension is adjusting how the power from the wheels gets transferred to the ground. I guess it can all change depending on the surface anyway. Smooth vs bumpy. Grippy vs loose. Either way, I'm having fun experimenting.

The front shocks are shorter on the Mo and even with the stock oil seemed stiffer than the rears anyway.

Anyone up for a mixed on-road / off-road track this time? Rally style. Either normal race or time trial could be fun.

We also talked about finding a new spot for the big ramp. Not sure where though.

Anyone up for a mixed on-road / off-road track this time? Rally style. Either normal race or time trial could be fun.

We also talked about finding a new spot for the big ramp. Not sure where though.
That sounds awesome! You know I'm down. What car are you thinking of running on this mixed course? Typhon, Kraton, Mojave?

As for the ramp placement, I'm not sure where either. I just think it would be better to land on downhill or at least flat ground. I would even be ok placing the ramp on grass because it is not like we are doing 50mph runups to the ramp. Just my thoughts...

That sounds awesome! You know I'm down. What car are you thinking of running on this mixed course? Typhon, Kraton, Mojave?

As for the ramp placement, I'm not sure where either. I just think it would be better to land on downhill or at least flat ground. I would even be ok placing the ramp on grass because it is not like we are doing 50mph runups to the ramp. Just my thoughts...
I do 50mph run ups lol

I’ll have my Typhon, Fireteam, Mojave, Outcast 8S, and Infraction. The Kraton is in pieces at the moment.
I'll bring something similar. I have a list of things I need to do before Sunday. Motor swap, servo swap, diffs and shocks on Mojave. The list goes on... I'll be ready.
I do 50mph run ups lol
Hopefully your diffs are good. Your car was sounding like the zombie things in The Last of US. They are called "Clickers"

I'll bring something similar. I have a list of things I need to do before Sunday. Motor swap, servo swap, diffs and shocks on Mojave. The list goes on... I'll be ready.

Hopefully your diffs are good. Your car was sounding like the zombie things in The Last of US. They are called "Clickers"
In tearing them down and rebuilding them the right way now that I know what the problem is I hope.

Back