Illinois Northern Illinois Meetup - Sunday August 14th 2pm @ Indian Lakes Open Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZooKeeper

Quack!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Granite Mega
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
Welcome to the Northern Illinois R/C Meetup!

NEW LOCATION - SEE BELOW

We meet the second Sunday of every month at 2 PM. Anyone is welcome to join with any make, model, or fuel type of vehicle. Spectators are welcome as well - encourage your non-R/C friends to come check it out so they can see the fun they are missing.

This month we are testing out a new location, Indian Lakes Open Space. Indian Lakes was formerly a golf course that permanently closed at the end of the 2016 golf season. The golf course is now maintained by the Village of Bloomingdale as an open green space, using the old golf cart paths as hiking and biking trails. There are two large grassy areas right next to the parking area for off road bashing, along with a large open parking area for street bashing. The layout for the meetup is below. The satellite image from Google below is old, the building in the West off road bashing area was demolished.

RC Meetup - Indian Lakes.png

Street Bash Loop Direction
All cars need to go the same direction to avoid head-on collisions. All drivers need to communicate the track direction. Drivers can choose to change the track direction during the course of the meetup. Please communicate with all other drivers in the Loop Driver Area before changing directions so that everyone is aware.

DO
Bring any make, model, or fuel type of ground based R/C vehicle.

DO
Bring your family and friends.

DON’T
Bring your pets. No matter how well trained they are, there is always a possibility they can do something unpredictable, which could cause themselves or someone else to get hurt.

DON’T
Drive your R/C vehicle in the parking area. You may drive it to your bashing area of choice once you have left the parking area.

Vehicle Damage:
All collisions between R/C vehicles are considered no fault accidents. Collisions are an inevitable part of the hobby. No one is held responsible should damage occur to your R/C vehicle. Drive your R/C vehicle at your own risk.

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Type of Event
  1. Bashing
Looks like a great place to bash but no one showed up except 92 vert, my dad and I. Hopefully there would be more people next time.

Looks like a great place to bash but no one showed up except 92 vert, my dad and I. Hopefully there would be more people next time.
Sorry about the poor turnout. Our first meetup seemed to be the best turnout so far. There were a bunch of guys from a Facebook group who found the original thread via Google and came. Maybe they didn't get the message about the new location. They may have gathered at CoD and also experienced a low turnout.

Me personally - I'm out of state atm camping with the family. A trip that was planned before the meetup became a thing. I bring some of my R/Cs with camping and haven't been able to drive until just this evening as it's been nothing but rain since we arrived.

I'm glad you liked the place though, that's great to hear! I'll be there next month with the big ramp!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back