Illinois Northern Illinois Meetup - Sunday January 8th 1pm @ Indian Lakes Open Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to make it one of these times, it's just a long drive for a short day

Well here’s what happens when a Kraton 6S runs into a Kraton 8S at 5mph 🤦‍♂️

3A655889-C288-4BC5-A475-58C5999E94B3.jpeg

66575019-16A1-4E5C-BC70-7E5E0020A6FC.jpeg

Wow! I didn't see it at the meetup and when you said that you could see the diff, I thought it was a small hole. That is quite the slice. There's no xacto knives installed on the rear of the K8s, I promise!

Awesome!

My (new to me) Kraton 8s has been fully rebuilt and is ready to go. I wasn't too happy when I saw this from the previous owner:
View attachment 267177

So I tore the whole thing down, cleaned it all, replaced all the diff fluids, re-greased, and rebuilt. I also have some new SMC 11k mah 4s packs to run in it. I had the packs shipped with QS8 connectors, so I changed up the ESC to QS8 connectors as well. Silly me forgot to order some charging leads for the new batteries. I ordered some leads yesterday and they also shipped yesterday and are scheduled to arrive on Friday, assuming the post office doesn't encounter any issues.
Any updates on this beast??

Any updates on this beast??
The K8s was up and running during the meetup! The pinion gear flew off at one point though, but I got lucky that it never ejected from the car, it was still inside. I was able to put it back on and finish off my battery packs. You'll see it at the February meetup!

I'm now in the process of doing maintenance on 4 cars at once with the ambitious goal of completing them all before the next meetup. I currently have my 6s Typhon, 6s Infraction, neighbors 3s Typhon, and the brushed blue Granite completely disassembled for cleaning, bearing maintenance, and diff fluid change. I finished all the disassembly last night, tonight I'll fire up the ultrasonic cleaner and get cleaning!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back