Illinois Northern Illinois Meetup - Sunday July 10th 2pm @ College of DuPage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZooKeeper

Quack!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Granite Mega
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
Welcome to the Northern Illinois R/C Meetup!

We meet the second Sunday of every month at College of DuPage, in the North East parking lot near the baseball field. Anyone is welcome to join with any make, model, or fuel type of vehicle. Spectators are welcome as well - encourage your non-R/C friends to come check it out so they can see the fun they are missing.

CoD Map.jpeg

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Type of Event
  1. Bashing
I'm in,
i'll bring a small generator if needed, are nitro RC ok to run on that parking lot?.

thanks
Should be no problem. 2 Campus security squad cars were watching us for a while this past Sunday. AFAIK - they didn't approach anyone for any reason. My kids are young and are fascinated by Police/Fire, so my wife took them over to meet the campus security people. My wife told me the security guys thought the R/C cars were cool and asked if we were a club.

CoD Is a great place for street bashing, but isn't ideal for off-road bashing. Myself, @dure0016 and @deathrider are scoping out potential new places to have some off-road bashing options. If you have any suggestions, please let us know. Depending on what we find, we may switch off months between street bash meetups and off-road bash meetups at different locations.

Based upon my own observations and some feed back from others, I've come up with a layout for the meetup and a short list of do/don't. This is to help ensure the safety of everyone including any potential spectators and hopefully help avoid some car on car crashes:

rc meetup layout-Edit.jpg

Not Pictured above is the ramp area. We've been placing the ramp in the lower right corner of the image above so you can run up to the ramp on the sidewalk between the baseball field and the football field, hit the ramp, then land in the grassy area. Try not to hit the sidewalk on the other side of the grassy area which is in the picture above, your R/C might not be feeling so well afterward...

Street Bash Loop Direction: The direction of the loop will flip each month:

JanuaryCounter ClockwiseJulyCounter Clockwise
FebruaryClockwiseAugustClockwise
MarchCounter ClockwiseSeptemberCounter Clockwise
AprilClockwiseOctoberClockwise
MayCounter ClockwiseNovemberCounter Clockwise
JuneClockwiseDecemberClockwise

DO: Bring any make, model, or fuel type of ground based R/C vehicle.

DO: Bring your family and friends.

DON’T: Bring your pets. No matter how well trained they are, there is always a possibility they can do something unpredictable, which could cause themselves or someone else to get hurt.

DON’T: Drive your R/C vehicle in the parking area, or on any of the sports fields (football field, baseball field, or tennis courts).

DO: Drive your R/C vehicle in the Street Bash area and on the sidewalks to the ramp area

Vehicle Damage:
All collisions between R/C vehicles are considered no fault accidents. Collisions are an inevitable part of the hobby. No one is held responsible should damage occur to your R/C vehicle. Drive your R/C vehicle at your own risk.

Weather forecast is looking great for this weekend’s meetup!

Did everyone manage to repair their cars since the last meetup? The ramp is hungry!

All my cars are up and ready to go!
But my limit is 3 foot jumps for now, i have two cars with bent chassis lol

Last edited:
My dad, my friend and I can't make it this month plans came up and I tested positive for covid.

We had a new ramp to bring and I got my dad a Granite for Father's Day/Birthday so he could have some fun too. Hopefully next month.

My dad, my friend and I can't make it this month plans came up and I tested positive for covid.

We had a new ramp to bring and I got my dad a Granite for Father's Day/Birthday so he could have some fun too. Hopefully next month.
Bummer, hope you feel better and we'll see you next time.

For everyone else, whether its covid, a simple cold, or anything in between - if you are feeling sick/unwell, please stay home and get better. We'd rather see your throttle at 100% than 50%.

Thanks to everyone who made it out today! We had some new folks attend and some new cars including a nitro buggy, an Arrma Vendetta, and an Arrma Fireteam.

The ramp ate 4 more cars and now has a not so fancy car kill counter to keep track.
20220710_183330(0).jpg

The ramp took out my Granite, though the damage was minor - a broken wheel hub.

If you have any photos or video you took at the meetup, please share them!

The next meetup will be on Sunday, August 14th, most likely at a new location, details to come soon!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back