Illinois Northern Illinois Meetup - Sunday June 12th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZooKeeper

Quack!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Granite Mega
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
Sunday June 12th 2pm @ College of DuPage

Earlier than the last meetup, give us more daylight, time to fix breaks, and chit-chat.

We'll meet in the North East parking lot near the baseball field.

CoD Map.jpeg

Anyone is welcome to join with any make or model of vehicle.

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Uggg...11 hrs and 20 mins from me. I'll leave on the 11th!!! Lol Have a blast! Wish I could join!

I spent some time today building a new ramp. It's not super tall as I built it to fit in my truck's bed and under the tonneau cover, but it is 48 inches wide and should be easy to hit at speed. Despite its short height, it should still be good enough to launch cars from and take a significant amount of abuse. I've not tested it yet as I still need to get something to transition from the ground to the ramp. Anyhow, here's a quick photo:

IMG_20220530_220106_071.jpg

I had some scraps and leftovers, so I also built a little something for road bashing. This is more an experiment than anything (for me at least), but I think it could be fun. It also needs something to transition from the ground to the "hump", especially for the cars that have low ground clearance. The curve is just the cut out from the launch ramp, one side is a gentler incline than the other.

IMG_20220530_220121_537.jpg

I spent some time today building a new ramp. It's not super tall as I built it to fit in my truck's bed and under the tonneau cover, but it is 48 inches wide and should be easy to hit at speed. Despite its short height, it should still be good enough to launch cars from and take a significant amount of abuse. I've not tested it yet as I still need to get something to transition from the ground to the ramp. Anyhow, here's a quick photo:

View attachment 220724

I had some scraps and leftovers, so I also built a little something for road bashing. This is more an experiment than anything (for me at least), but I think it could be fun. It also needs something to transition from the ground to the "hump", especially for the cars that have low ground clearance. The curve is just the cut out from the launch ramp, one side is a gentler incline than the other.

View attachment 220725
Wonderful

View attachment 220724

View attachment 220725
Nice work! Wish I had the skills and tools to do that.

Nice work! Wish I had the skills and tools to do that.
If you (or anyone else) would like a ramp for yourself, I'm happy to help you build one of [nearly] any size. Its easier to build with two people anyway.

Weather forecast for Sunday is looking good so far!

I've got a bunch of new tires for the Typhon and a new fan setup to cool the motor. My neighbor who bought a Typhon 3s is also planning on coming with.

Sunday June 12th 2pm @ College of DuPage

Earlier than the last meetup, give us more daylight, time to fix breaks, and chit-chat.

We'll meet in the North East parking lot near the baseball field.

View attachment 219172

Anyone is welcome to join with any make or model of vehicle.
Hit me up the next time everyone is out and about. COD is minutes from me. Unfortunately I’m out of town this coming weekend.

Is this going to be a monthly thing if enough people show up?

I shared the event in a RC bashing group to try to get a few more people out there.
Chicagoland RC Tracks and Spots To Run

Monthly sounds good to me. I'd be happy to help coordinate and organize even if I'm unable to attend an event due to personal reasons. Additionally, we don't need to keep College of DuPage as the meetup spot - if anyone knows of other spots that are good for a group meetup in the Chicagoland area, let us know.

Thanks for posting the meetup on the Facebook group - I don't use Facebook myself, so I'm unable to join and see the content.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back