Illinois Northern Illinois Meetup - Sunday November 13th 2pm @ Indian Lakes Open Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my Typhon can be safe while getting outran by literally anyone driving an infraction lol
what pinion are you running on your Typhon? is it time for more teeth?

Are you running it 4s or 6s? I've only been running my Typhon on 4s lately since I'm running both of my 6s batteries in the Infraction.

Construction sites are the best. I’m always looking out for them. I just saved this one and may check it out if I’m in the area.
As of the day I posted it, there were no fences around the site. It appears it hasn't been touched in at least a few weeks.

In Schaumburg there's Olympic park.
the skate park here is mostly rails with a shallow bowl, however there are a few synthetic turf soccer fields here.

https://www.parkfun.com/parks/olympic-park

what pinion are you running on your Typhon? is it time for more teeth?

Are you running it 4s or 6s? I've only been running my Typhon on 4s lately since I'm running both of my 6s batteries in the Infraction.
6s. I put the high speed pinion that came with it. 21 tooth, I think? I think I need more traction

6s. I put the high speed pinion that came with it. 21 tooth, I think? I think I need more traction
Have you thought about stretching it with a longer chassis? That could help you track straighter on takeoff.

I’d also consider some thicker diff oils.

I think thicker diff oils will be my next move. Any recommendations?
Tekno has a good chart explaining how oil changes impact the car’s behavior. Link here.

I’d focus on the center diff for your purpose. Maybe bump it up to 100K minimum, or even 200K or 300K.

It might be worth a forum search. I’m sure people way smarter than me have talked about this topic.

For racing, also consider lowering your car. Raise it again for ramp jumping. You may want to consider having two different sets of shocks for this purpose.

This is one of the reason I love the Typhon and want a second one... its such a versatile car. I want a second one so I can build an on-road car and an off-road car.

Anyone want to run earlier on Thanksgiving in Bloomingdale? I got a but that had to leave last time that wants to run. Anyone down?

Bradley, Illinois.
Yep, bit of a hike! lol!

I was contemplating running a couple packs at my local skate park tomorrow since I took the day off and it's supposed to get up to 50'ish. See how my maxx did with the changes I made and give my merv a decent first run that isn't in my tiny parking lot.

Lol haven't confirmed a time but I'm thinking like 10 11. I got family dinner to go to
I can do that. Were you thinking the normal meetup spot, or somewhere else?

I'll probably only bring 1 or 2 cars and 1 or 2 sets of batteries for each. What were you planning on running?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back