Senton Not a great start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dchilton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Received my truck last week ran two packs through it with stock pinion and two tires came off the wheels. No biggie, reglued the tires, installed the high speed pinion and headed to a large abandonded mall near me for some street speed runs and suspension tuning. Truck didnt last one pack. Both front tires ripped and threw the foams, both rear tires are bald in the center. Took the center diff out to swap oil and it was soaked. All the fluid had leaked out. Front and rear diffs are damp. Needless to say I ordered a set of buggy rims/tires and I'm shimming my diffs as I do with all my new cars after 4 or 5 runs. My Kraton never had any of these issues and its a V1. Oh I also broke the 2 upper front A arms, clean cracks right through. I haven't even jumped this truck yet. I hope this is going to be the end for Arrma and I because I love their lineup.

Attachments

• 20180823_143149.jpg
    20180823_143149.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 61
The difference in wheel speed is crazy. Fronts were bald in the center after 2 packs. I will update after I decide on fluid weights and get results. I also went with Hot racing center diff to see if it helps with cooling and or leaking issues.

I can tell you that I had a similar with my Typhon when I first bought it. The tires are NOT designed for on road use. You will have to get tires specific for on road. Until you do that, you will melt them down pretty quick. With the diffs, the 10k fluid they put in at the factory is way to thin. In my Typhon, 60,100,50k fluids. Made a massive difference in the wheel spin that helps roast that center stripe into your tires.

Hope that helps a little.

Any suggestions for street tires? I want to try firebrand rc kingpin, put they are on the pricey side...
FireBrand-RC-King-Pin-ST-1-770x600.jpg

I am thinking in terms of size of the tire to price - Larger tires and wheels cost the same :ROFLMAO:

I guess I will be the guinea pig :dead:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back