Not Arrma. Redcat Rock Racer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does not look like a very fun vehicle to me. The powertrain is not tuned ideally for crawling, the suspension is way too bouncy for rock racing, and it rolls over too easy for bashing. What's the point?

The Redcat Camo X4 seems like a better rock racer to me.

Redcat Gen 8 base with some beefed up suspension and axles. Not sure I'd be up for spending 400 for this over a Kaiju if I had to choose. I think I will try to get the flat bottom plate that's on this Wendigo to put on my Gen 8 Scout. The Gen 8 Scout bottom plate has a notch that sticks down to make room for the transmission and it catches on rocks a lot.

That does not look like a very fun vehicle to me. The powertrain is not tuned ideally for crawling, the suspension is way too bouncy for rock racing, and it rolls over too easy for bashing. What's the point?

The Redcat Camo X4 seems like a better rock racer to me.

definitely too bouncy and honestly from the video it looks like I would lose interest in it pretty quick.
I think it looks good aesthetically but I drive my trucks and function is not fixed by lookin good.

Is that a DumboRc transmitter? ?. Not bashing it, that’s what I’m using. I may be more amused than I should be.

I personally wouldn't buy it, but think it looks cool.

My Wendigo has proven to be alot more durable then my Granite 3s blx.

The Granite eats cv shafts and suspension links. The bearings went out of the motor and stripped the spur . And I keep breaking wheels. I have about 20 packs through the Granite. I break something about every other battery.

The Wendigo physically broke a lower link eye. When I jumped off a 6' rock ledge onto a sharp rocky landing . It stripped the steering servo in that crash also. Redcat sent me a new servo but I had a power HD 23kg laying here and dropped it in. I also have about 20 packs through the Wendigo.

Anyone stripping plastic link threads or on a new Wendigo should remove the plastic links and add some lock tite or gorilla glue to the threads. Then they wont strip. I have yet to strip one.

Some throttle management and it won't tip over on even fast turns.
I shoehorned a hobby star 3670 3050kv into it. And dropped to a 15t pinion from 17t. Also installed a max10 sct esc and run on 4s.

Makes a pretty darn good all arounder. Crawls with very little clogging and it will still flat out move!

Smooth predictable setup

Attachments

• 15847977001016425823098659954115.jpg
    15847977001016425823098659954115.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back