Not even an M2C chassis can stand up to Kevin Talbot

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
CF, it’s almost 3 times stronger than 7075 and it weighs 2x less🤓
Once it is in a cold enough, the epoxies/resins holding the fibers together become brittle. The chassis would have had some structural problems, even if it wasn't as bad.

I think the only chassis that could have survived was one of the JBI 7075 chassis with the built in side guards. Because of the side guards of course.

Edit: I bet the 60+ page on the arrma forum about the sledge is more active than usual...

gotnitro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Once it is in a cold enough, the epoxies/resins holding the fibers together become brittle. The chassis would have had some structural problems, even if it wasn't as bad.

I think the only chassis that could have survived was one of the JBI 7075 chassis with the built in side guards. Because of the side guards of course.

Edit: I bet the 60+ page on the arrma forum about the sledge is more active than usual...
Had one and although it was very nice, it would have crunched just like that one.

Hector_Fisher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
I think the moral of the story is less about whether the chassis would or would not have survived, but more about how no chassis is really going to survive well if you're driving like a ham-fisted maniac.

If you drive like Kevin talbot all the time (or unless you're just made of 💲) then you should probably just take up another hobby.

RedOctobyr

Reaction score
As someone who just re-entered the ground RC hobby, with a used 6S Sledge, I'm afraid the Sledge thread that I've found here is only 35 pages, and quiet since July :) For whatever its qualities or faults, it's what I have, so it would be fun to get to discuss it more with the good folks here. Reddit is good, but not the same kind of community & resource that this site is.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/traxxas-sledge-1-8th-scale-monster-truck.50052/

The 8S XRT, thread, on the other hand, seems very active, at 101 pages and counting!
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/traxxas-sledge-1-8th-scale-monster-truck.50052/

And yikes, I didn't get to watch the whole video yet, but that was a pretty brutal hit, coming down right on the rail. Kind of a perfect storm.

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
Didn't he bend an M2C chassis on his Notorious doing basically the same thing?

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
Didn't he bend an M2C chassis on his Notorious doing basically the same thing?
The notorious is a SWB chassis. That might make a large difference.
After this video, I view M2C as absolute trash and will curse their products all over the internet……
Is this serious, or funny?