Kraton Not expecting the speed stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoonie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So, I just recently got back into the hobby and was building a few frankensteins until I was able to purchase my Kraton. Well it showed up today and holy sh_t, I was not expecting the speed this thing can do and at its size. Back in the day I raced indoor carpet with HPI RS4's etc, but this is truly a whole new beast. Before getting my Kraton 6's I purchased the esc and motor from a new take off someone had and shoehorned it into my 1/10 road car. So after knowing how fast these things go I will need to make a few adjustments to that car HAHA. So much faster then my road cars and stock it's crazy.

I was running two Zeee 5200mah 3s batteries with the stock 12t setup. I can't image modding this thing to a higher pinion and even bigger motor. But I know over time it won't feel that fast and I will want more. So happy I read some advice here letting some guy know try it out first before you start ordering bigger motors and higher tooth pinions. Anyways finally glad to own a Kraton and over time upgrade parts as needed and bash away.

Here is the project car I was throwing together before my car came. Time to take out all the suspension lift and change up the tires.
62675455648__0FFE12B6-3EE7-416F-A294-BA65A2071F32.jpg

Toss a 29t pinion on a 4985 max 6 combo with some super fans and watch how fast it goes. Run belted tires for that setup lol foam explosion. My rig scares people lol. Just wait till you start the mods my friend these beasts don't disapoint. Just shim your diffs right away or you will pop em quick. And get some new bearings and a new radio setup, I like my dumbo rc it has 6 channels and stupid long range for 50 bucks I think. The stock radio is a death trap.

With the Stock ESC and motor I took the Kraton 6s to 96mph using a limitless spool and GRP belted tires.
I have taken the stock blx 2050kv motor up to 130mph with a castle 8s esc. Others have gone 140+ in 1/8 scale GT cars with the Arrma motor. It has plenty of power with a Castle ESC pushing it!

Welcome to the best brand of the hobby!

With the Stock ESC and motor I took the Kraton 6s to 96mph using a limitless spool and GRP belted tires.
I have taken the stock blx 2050kv motor up to 130mph with a castle 8s esc. Others have gone 140+ in 1/8 scale GT cars with the Arrma motor. It has plenty of power with a Castle ESC pushing it!

Welcome to the best brand of the hobby!
Does A spool make that much of a difference?

I agree with you Spoonie! I got my 6s Kraton used with the 15T pinion installed already. I am still shocked how fast this thing is. I have since taken mine down to a 14T to slow it down a little but it’s still ridiculous for my current skills.

I agree with you Spoonie! I got my 6s Kraton used with the 15T pinion installed already. I am still shocked how fast this thing is. I have since taken mine down to a 14T to slow it down a little but it’s still ridiculous for my current skills.
Well, I used to think that my 3S trucks were crazy fast until I started going down the 6S rabbit hole!

Well, I used to think that my 3S trucks were crazy fast until I started going down the 6S rabbit hole!
Haha well my last RC was back in 1993. It was a Losi stadium truck. Needles to say first time I pulled the throttle on this Kraton I had a perma-smile.

Does A spool make that much of a difference?
As Jon mentioned it helps with gearing choices, but it was necessary when moving to 98mm diameter GRP tires.
They look almost silly on a Kraton, but there isn't any other tires available that can handle these sort of speeds reliably.

speed 1.jpg

Looks like you've been running on wet grass. I find venting my tires help greatly with preventing them from blowing out.
Yeah, I just received the vehicle so I have been messing around with it on the pavement and grass. The tires were vented and the wheels have the vent hole blocked off. It's my fault 100%, I was ripping up and down the road, braking 180's, etc. On one of the wheelies I saw it rip and I stayed in it :) . So I'm soaking the wheels and going to be buying some Backflip LP or MT tires for it. Was able to get 41 MPH on stock with 12t pinion. Phone GPS so it should be decently accurate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back