Not happy....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flames77

Chasing down triple digits
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 3s
Just purchased a Mamba Monster x 8s combo with a 2028 motor and the Esc doesn’t work. When turned on it blinks red for the cell count, no audible sounds and then blinks green and yellow then stays solid yellow. I’m at a loss and not happy at all. Especially for the money spent. Any suggestion??

Just purchased a Mamba Monster x 8s combo with a 2028 motor and the Esc doesn’t work. When turned on it blinks red for the cell count, no audible sounds and then blinks green and yellow then stays solid yellow. I’m at a loss and not happy at all. Especially for the money spent. Any suggestion??
Warranty try recalibrating the esc

Cell count= esc is functional. No sound= no connection to motor. Blinking yellow= ESC failing to receive a signal from the radio due to throttle misalignment or a complete no communication, so it is in standby mode. Check all of these and make completely sure they’re all in check. If they are, willing to bet that the esc is bad.

Make sure your transmitter is bound and turned on.

You said you got the 2028 combo which is a sensored motor IIRC.

Are your motor wires (a b c) correct? Sensored motors are strict on the wiring where sensorless doesn't matter.

Did you connect the sensor wire? Most sensored motors can run without it but if you get a sensored setup might as well use it.

Did you calibrate the esc properly?

I installed two mmx8s on a dual sensored motor setup with a futaba 3pv and I had no issues anywhere.

You said you got the 2028 combo which is a sensored motor IIRC.

Are your motor wires (a b c) correct? Sensored motors are strict on the wiring where sensorless doesn't matter.

Did you connect the sensor wire? Most sensored motors can run without it but if you get a sensored setup might as well use it.

Did you calibrate the esc properly? I installed two mmx8s on a dual sensored motor setup with a futaba 3pv and I had no issues anywhere.
Well my original plan was to put the 2028 in the infraction, but good lord I didn’t realize how huge this motor was. So I then was just gonna hook the Esc up to the stock motor. Then later on add the 2028 to my Kraton 8s. I’m gonna try again tonight. In your opinion though, do you think the 2028 is too big for the Infraction.

Last edited:
Well my original plan was to put the 2028 in the infraction, but good lord I didn’t realize how huge this motor was. So I then was just gonna hook the Esc up to the stock motor. Then later on add the 2028 to my Kraton 8s. I’m gonna try again tonight. In your opinion though, do you think the 2028 is too big.
No, this is like the perfect combo for this rig... even if you wanna keep stock spur, you can go up to a 44T pinion on a PPS Mount. @PPS-RC , has some super quality products ??

I run mine on 39T and stock spur and I can go full throttle in some thick grass for most of my batteries and still not get too warm. Think the hottest it ever got was like 160 ? It’s a beast, sure... but a beast for a beast of a car ;). Give that k8s some torque. Even on a 39t pinion it still rips... plenty of speed for me. But I’m sure I’ll adjust cause that’s what we do ??

No, this is like the perfect combo for this rig... even if you wanna keep stock spur, you can go up to a 44T pinion on a PPS Mount. @PPS-RC , has some super quality products ??

I run mine on 39T and stock spur and I can go full throttle in some thick grass for most of my batteries and still not get too warm. Think the hottest it ever got was like 160 ? It’s a beast, sure... but a beast for a beast of a car ;). Give that k8s some torque. Even on a 39t pinion it still rips... plenty of speed for me. But I’m sure I’ll adjust cause that’s what we do ??
I’m sorry man but I was meaning too big for the infraction. I edited my post to ask the correct question.

In that case, in my opinion yes too big lol the 1717 would be a better fit. Innovation RC has done a few videos with one. ????
I think I’m going to trade my Spektrum 1250kv from my Typhon GT with the 1717 in my KEXB. Seems like the 1250kv would be plenty of power in the KEXB and gearing would be much easier in both rigs. I have a MMX8S and PPS mount in both. I won’t have to gear up the 1717 as high in the GT tho.

I think I’m going to trade my Spektrum 1250kv from my Typhon GT with the 1717 in my KEXB. Seems like the 1250kv would be plenty of power in the KEXB and gearing would be much easier in both rigs. I have a MMX8S and PPS mount in both. I won’t have to gear up the 1717 as high in the GT tho.
I’ve been tossing around the idea of the 1717 in my limitless/infraction. That I can never decide which I want to make it permanently lol.

******UPDATE EVERYONE******* Turns out after further trial and error the Mamba combo works just fine. My receiver apparently went bad. Swapped it out with another one and all works fine. Now I just need a new Sr6110at receiver and I’ll be good. ???? Thanks for everyone’s help and advice!

******UPDATE EVERYONE******* Turns out after further trial and error the Mamba combo works just fine. My receiver apparently went bad. Swapped it out with another one and all works fine. Now I just need a new Sr6110at receiver and I’ll be good. ???? Thanks for everyone’s help and advice!
Fancy that....?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back