Notorious Not much yet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rpm bumpers
Hot racing hinge pin retainers. Avid bearings.
Rpm skid plates
Piece of friendly info. I put the Hot Racing mounts on my Typhon 6s because it was never gonna be a basher, so I figured they would be strong enough. With only a few jumps and a couple of spills (it's mostly a on road car) the rear/rear one bent like a pretzel. And the upper front stripped where the screws attach. I thought I could get away with these lighter duty mounts, but definitely not the case. On a truck as heavy and vicious as the Notorious, I would only trust the Custom Rc Upgrades and Voltage Hobbies ones I have, or something similar from M2C Racing. Just a but of opinion from someone who's been beating up a Notorious for over a year and a half. There is also the Arrma EXB option now, which are better than stock, but still a little fresh on the market for any long term results. As far as they go on my Kraton, seem to be holding up well.

I'm not sure why place the hinge pin retainer? Stock is fine if you're bumpering up as it'll be more protected behind all that plastic? I could be wrong but I just don't see the point in replacing all these parts when the stock is, shockingly, holding up...that said, RPM bumper on rear, RPM and outcast bumper on front and stainless steel skid plates with longer screws holding it all together. The Kraton, he is a tough beast ;)

20200816_082130.jpg

20200816_082347.jpg

20200810_190444.jpg

I'm not sure why place the hinge pin retainer? Stock is fine if you're bumpering up as it'll be more protected behind all that plastic? I could be wrong but I just don't see the point in replacing all these parts when the stock is, shockingly, holding up...that said, RPM bumper on rear, RPM and outcast bumper on front and stainless steel skid plates with longer screws holding it all together. The Kraton, he is a tough beast ;)

View attachment 98369

View attachment 98370

View attachment 98371
Stronger mounts are not to protect in a collision. The forces exerted when a wheel hits an object or that are experienced in a hard jump or roll, have been known to twist stock mounts. If the hinge pin holds, the mounts will go. I've had stock mounts tear in two as well as bend or twist. The Hot Racing are a better option, but still not strong enough in my opinion. I believe the expression goes "pay me now, or pay me later". When it comes to Rc, it's good form to just buy the best part available when making an upgrade.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back