Granite Not perfect but here’s how I mounted Granite wing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pr1cetag

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Talion
By no means is this perfect but I’ve seen a few threads asking how to mount an Arrma 4s wing on a Granite 3s and have body rest in default position. Here’s how I did it post-wing install: purchased Typhon body mount set (AR320452), Body Post set(AR320453). I clipped the top of the mount (also melted and used a mesh grip tool for better surface). This allows the body to mount nearly flush. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 80EEA294-B0D3-4433-A693-744B0647F05E.jpeg
    80EEA294-B0D3-4433-A693-744B0647F05E.jpeg
    338.4 KB · Views: 172
  • B993F7C7-55B3-48A8-BB34-5FABBDE2CF5B.jpeg
    B993F7C7-55B3-48A8-BB34-5FABBDE2CF5B.jpeg
    466.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 2BDB301D-29E7-402F-A7E1-37F6E195316B.jpeg
    2BDB301D-29E7-402F-A7E1-37F6E195316B.jpeg
    408.7 KB · Views: 149
  • A4CDA28F-D50C-4376-8292-31C760941E78.jpeg
    A4CDA28F-D50C-4376-8292-31C760941E78.jpeg
    409.8 KB · Views: 148
Man, that looks good. That looks like it'll save a lot of wear and tear on the body. What kind of shocks are you running?

Man, that looks good. That looks like it'll save a lot of wear and tear on the body. What kind of shocks are you running?
Thanks man! I hope it does provide protection. Shocks, I’m running Tekno nb/eb48.4 emulsion. I’d love to find some front end protection for them. Can’t find a decent bumper anywhere. I’ve tried 4 sets of different shocks on this thing and there is just no comparison to these tekno shocks.

I'm not a fan of the rod ends just sitting out exposed on these. My boys break them fairly often. The tbone front bumber looks decent, but they're always out of stock.

I'm in the market for shocks, so I'll have to take a look at those.

I'm not a fan of the rod ends just sitting out exposed on these. My boys break them fairly often. The tbone front bumber looks decent, but they're always out of stock.

I'm in the market for shocks, so I'll have to take a look at those.
Totally with you on all of that. Hate exposed rod ends and can’t find a Tbone. If there is a market for this thing it is #1 esc, #2 front bumper!

By no means is this perfect but I’ve seen a few threads asking how to mount an Arrma 4s wing on a Granite 3s and have body rest in default position. Here’s how I did it post-wing install: purchased Typhon body mount set (AR320452), Body Post set(AR320453). I clipped the top of the mount (also melted and used a mesh grip tool for better surface). This allows the body to mount nearly flush. Hope this helps.

next time if you use the outcast 4s front body mounts and posts its a direct drop in.. ?.. plate sits under the wing mount and wing mount sits on top post's.. wings on this rig helps so much with the bodies..

I just installed the outcast body mounts, center brace and drilled new body holes.

Attachments

• 609CB2A8-F9FA-41E2-9D85-6B0D0259D83A.jpeg
    609CB2A8-F9FA-41E2-9D85-6B0D0259D83A.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 112
  • CD0A1BB3-E2A4-4DED-BB5F-BE1F3675DC17.jpeg
    CD0A1BB3-E2A4-4DED-BB5F-BE1F3675DC17.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 106
Thanks man! I hope it does provide protection. Shocks, I’m running Tekno nb/eb48.4 emulsion. I’d love to find some front end protection for them. Can’t find a decent bumper anywhere. I’ve tried 4 sets of different shocks on this thing and there is just no comparison to these tekno shocks.
Try a senton bumper

All I did for mine was drop the Granite rear body mount into the holes for the 4s wing mount. It allows for the body to flex some which has actually helped me with not destroying the body.

next time if you use the outcast 4s front body mounts and posts its a direct drop in.. ?.. plate sits under the wing mount and wing mount sits on top post's.. wings on this rig helps so much with the bodies..
Good to know! Thank you for that recommendation. I’ll go that route with my son’s rig.
Try a senton bumper
That’s actually a really good idea! Thank you.
All I did for mine was drop the Granite rear body mount into the holes for the 4s wing mount. It allows for the body to flex some which has actually helped me with not destroying the body.
Thats how I originally went, but I got real OCD seeing the top of the tailgate rise up above the bottom lip of the wing. Yes I realize I’m ridiculous because the truck doesn’t go fast enough for a wing to affect downforce but just couldn’t bare to see it that way and needed to change it.
I just installed the outcast body mounts, center brace and drilled new body holes.
This is a good way to go. I saw Camaroboy in a previous thread recommend this but when I looked up parts I couldn’t visualize it. These photos are super helpful. I probably would have gone this way had I seen this. Thank you.

Last edited:
Good to know! Thank you for that recommendation. I’ll go that route with my son’s rig.

That’s actually a really good idea! Thank you.

Thats how I originally went, but I got real OCD seeing the top of the tailgate rise up above the bottom lip of the wing. Yes I realize I’m ridiculous because the truck doesn’t go fast enough for a wing to affect downforce but just couldn’t bare to see it that way and needed to change it.

This is a good way to go. I saw Camaroboy in a previous thread recommend this but when I looked up parts I couldn’t visualize it. These photos are super helpful. I probably would have gone this way had I seen this. Thank you.

ya, the front mount and post's for the oc4s are a mimic of the granite rear mount.. so no need to drill holes, just have to enlarge the hole's a touch because the posts are slightly larger on the o.d....

The rear mount of the oc4s is actually a typhon rear mount flipped upside down as you see in the picture above.. that mount setup is futher forward, hence why he had to drill new holes in the body.... ?

ya, the front mount and post's for the oc4s are a mimic of the granite rear mount.. so no need to drill holes, just have to enlarge the hole's a touch because the posts are slightly larger on the o.d....

The rear mount of the oc4s is actually a typhon rear mount flipped upside down as you see in the picture above.. that mount setup is futher forward, hence why he had to drill new holes in the body.... ?
Ahhh ok this does completely make sense. I’ll go this route the next time for sure. Much less work.

That’s how I had mine for a while, kept on popping out with any impact to the wing. I finally got an Outcast body mount. Still has some flexibility

I’ve been ripping it pretty hard so far without any issues. But I will definitely keep the O4S mod in mind. Here’s me completely casing a ditch behind our house lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back