Not RC. Volunteers 3D print life-saving valves for coronavirus treatments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hospital’s usual supplier said they could not make the valves in time to treat the patients,

so this was an act of emergency - in an emergency certain rules can be broken - don't see an issue with this have the company spend money on it but give the defence a heads up that this will be thrown out in court ...

its amazing these people are such dirtbags! money is more important to them than life it self... i hope that company folds in on itself and people step up to make sure it happens.. the hospitals should be given 3d printers and the stl's and they should be running non stop to help save lives! screw that company! this makes me so mad to read! ???? .. go back to the old days and drag these money hungry ceo's into the street and let every person with dieing family members stone them to death, or how about put them in the room with the victims and let them catch it, see how they feel about it then!

From reading the article, I’m not even sure they were threatened with suit. Either way, they won’t be sued. People would freak the fiddlestick out and the cost of legal fees and bad publicity would greatly exceed whatever they might think they’d be able to get back.

It looks like there was a correction to the article that spun the original story into an “evil Corp” vs “good guys” false narrative. All too common these days unfortunately.
That's what I'm reading as well.

yes its been changed.. the original article posted by @WoodiE said they asked for the blueprints and were denied and threatened with a law suit for patent infrigment.. im sure there was an uproar, and as @Mr.Duke stated it could have been twisted by the media outlet, which is probably why its been changed now..

Right now my sanity depends on RC trucks. All the big companies should let anyone make their parts without fear of a lawsuit!!!?

im with you.. while everyone is hiding and going nuts, im outside having a blast at all these empty places..? keeping me sane for sure... im glad i have a cnc machine, and 3d printers to keep the parts rolling just incase... im currently popping out a few ackerman plates for all our rigs, just cause im bored.. lol....

Attachments

• 20200318_003827.jpg
    20200318_003827.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 44
im with you.. while everyone is hiding and going nuts, im outside having a blast at all these empty places..? keeping me sane for sure... im glad i have a cnc machine, and 3d printers to keep the parts rolling just incase... im currently popping out a few ackerman plates for all our rigs, just cause im bored.. lol....

Can that machine pop out Limitless or K8 parts in the mail next day? :cool::ROFLMAO:

When I see that a $1 print can be sold for 11,000 times markup, I get to thinking more about having a printer.
With the Medical Industry and Hospitals, its all about the money. Right after Katrina rebuilding my home day after day with all the mold I couldn't breathe anymore, went to emergency where they gave me a breathing treatment and a band aid, then proceeded to send me a 10K bill. Nice

With the Medical Industry and Hospitals, its all about the money. Right after Katrina rebuilding my home day after day with all the mold I couldn't breathe anymore, went to emergency where they gave me a breathing treatment and a band aid, then proceeded to send me a 10K bill. Nice

And why insurance is so expensive.

And why insurance is so expensive.
It’s a racket. We are literally the only civilized country that allows this type of crooked system. Yet people keep voting these idiots into power that keep propping up these institutions of theft.

It’s a racket. We are literally the only civilized country that allows this type of crooked system. Yet people keep voting these idiots into power that keep propping up these institutions of theft.

I agree. I bought the "you can keep your doctor and keep your plan" bs too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back