Not sure if this is the right place for this…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And clearly I have struck a nerve. Is it against protocol to post pics of a stock senton motor mount?

In any case, it dragged the conversation to a screeching halt!

I see that bent plate, crazy!
On my Senton, the motor mounts to a little doghouse (that looks like the cooling shroud from an old VW bug), though I see that same shape -icee being made and sold in aluminum. Is mine an older or newer design? I see that same shape inside the box, but it isn’t a separate piece.View attachment 257293
I'm not sure what your asking.. but the thread was eventually gonna die.. its inevitable!! 🤣

I see many slam their rigs with every conceivable Alloy part available out there.
Now the rig is much heavier, and extra mass and weight alone contributes to breakage overall. The rig gets real expensive this way. Only leaving you more frustrated , because you thought being a metal tank made it stronger.
Not. :cool:
I noticed that the stock Arrma 6S have plastic/component parts that allow too much flex to handle 6S power. I am replacing every single component part in the drive train with either Arrma upgrade parts or 3rd party parts.
All I have left to do now, is try if the Arrma alu diff case will fit in the GPM bulkhead ( does anyone know?), and then i am done. The rest will remain stock.

It's the driving skill that is at fault in most cases.. Justifying throwing $$ at the problem of broken parts is not always best.
These Arrma Basher rigs were designed to flex in many areas, to make them both Tough and Cheap to repair. Many Basher brands do this. There will always be some obvious alloys that are needed. Just very Easy to go overboard IMHO.

It's the driving skill that is at fault in most cases.. Justifying throwing $$ at the problem of broken parts is not always best.
These Arrma Basher rigs were designed to flex in many areas, to make them both Tough and Cheap to repair. Many Basher brands do this. There will always be some obvious alloys that are needed. Just very Easy to go overboard IMHO.
Couldn't agree more. There's a place for alloys, but it's to be used judiciously in well considered places. Otherwise you'll just be transplanting breaking points on down the line until the entire car is made of metal and you've blown tripple or quadruple the price of the car on aftermarket parts.

I see that bent plate, crazy!
On my Senton, the motor mounts to a little doghouse (that looks like the cooling shroud from an old VW bug), though I see that same shape -icee being made and sold in aluminum. Is mine an older or newer design? I see that same shape inside the box, but it isn’t a separate piece.View attachment 257293
To answer your question: Not sure whether it's new or old, but it certainly is a different design. This is the most common one on the brushless trucks: https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/aluminum-motor-mount-set/ARA311106.html

Yours looks like a composite motor plate like this: https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/composite-motor-mount-set/ARA311113.html
I believe that's from the Mega series of trucks. I'll let others chime in with more info on that though, since I don't have a Mega truck myself.

As far as whether to upgrade or not--is the part you are replacing breaking? If not, then i wouldn't consider upgrading.

No, mine is working fine, I was simply curious about the different design. Mine will flex, not bend. I didn’t know if the aluminum insert was a newer, older or different model variant. I am quite confident that my driving skill is up to the task of breaking virtually any part of this car, without even trying!
As for the thread dying, it is certainly due and I am in a good place and ready to let it go. It is well past time, thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread over the years!

Yea you got the mega motor mount.. the metal insert you referring too comes with the blx 3s models.. it will fit right in, as far as the composite.. yes you have the newer design with the pull tabs, same basic design as the original though, just tweaked a bit for easier access for the user

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back