Not Sure What Happened Here…….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoc85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Outcast 6s
Definitely a Noob to this printing game.
I probably won’t use it much for the RC car hobby but more for the kids. Daughter has already put in a heap of orders as she just got a Barbie Dream House for her B’day.

The Yoda didn’t turn out too bad for a first print. Not sure what happened to its hand though 🤷‍♂️………. I was wingin it so I might have to do a little more research.

The remaining time on the Printer is off too. When I sliced this Dock it said it would take 19 hours to print. The Printer is saying 50+ 🤷‍♂️

14BAA144-F6F7-4704-B4C2-00126A452A2F.jpeg

575C401F-4907-45E0-BE74-9E7C2E9D2944.jpeg

6F1D4799-530A-4243-9180-9F4EA7080877.jpeg

What was your infill % set at? Something is off for sure

Those fingers and that hand are printed in mid air.. it would need supports to successfully print.. fingers get interesting, it's hard to get a support structure just right..

What was your infill % set at? Something is off for sure
Where do I find the Infill %? On the printer screen??
Any supports for that hand? Looks like it started printing in mid air.
I didn’t put any supports in…….. just hit the go button and hoped for the best.
The other hand didn’t turn out too bad.
The remaining time for this print looks to have come right down.

6415D709-0F9F-4FD3-B122-98F19B600280.jpeg

98441B55-AF29-4639-B732-82E135B1EB8D.jpeg

Looks like you are printing in super fine mode.. 0.2 resolution?

And, you MUST check BEFORE you print to see where your model May need supports on certain areas, because FDM printers can Not print in midair... Just a courtesy heads up. ;)

Ultimater_Cura-5
Just found it……… Infill at 20%

You could reduce that down to 5% most likely..

Looks like you are printing in super fine mode.. 0.2 resolution?

And, you MUST check BEFORE you print to see where your model May need supports on certain areas, because FDM printers can Not print in midair...
Hopefully this doesn’t need supports cos I didn’t check.

It’s the second print on the printer after the Yoda………….3 hours in……to a 19 hour print.

51DAE2C0-3416-446F-97FC-D5DF87B35723.jpeg

Hopefully this doesn’t need supports cos I didn’t check.

It’s the second print on the printer after the Yoda………….3 hours in……to a 19 hour print.

View attachment 219541

THIS will definitely need Supports! Especially in this orientation. (Also to have the subMenu of 'Support Placement' = "Everywhere" checked too.)

IF however, you rotated the print orientation 90° clockwise, then printed it will drastically help in print speed AND will not require you to have Supports turned on.

Last edited:
100% needs supports in that orientation... Flip it 90 degrees to the right and it shouldn't need any...👍

Support Diagram.png

Under the subMenu of 'Support Placement' ,Choose "Touching Buildplate"

Last edited:
Anything that is in mid air needs supports unless it's an inclined angle... Even then if the angle is to great it will need support.. I typically support anything under 60 degrees..

The dock file
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4602753
Anything that is in mid air needs supports unless it's an inclined angle... Even then if the angle is to great it will need support.. I typically support anything under 60 degrees..
How do you support it?
View attachment 219543

Under the subMenu of 'Support Placement' ,Choose "Everywhere"
I’m going to send this print and see how it turns out.
Cheers for the “Support” tip.

@Tex Koder posted a picture above.. the best thing you can do is hit YouTube and try to get oriented with cura.. I honestly dislike any version 3.6 and higher on the software version.. I always end up back at 3.6.0...

Learning the settings and how they change things in the print will be a deep rabbit hole for a while..

I would pull your temp back a touch as well.. see if it corrects some of the travel stringing.. if not you will need to add retraction.. depending on the machine, Bowden can run up to 7mm retraction depending on length..
Direct drive I'd stay somewhere in the 4mm realm..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back