Not Sure What Happened Here…….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Tex Koder posted a picture above.. the best thing you can do is hit YouTube and try to get oriented with cura.. I honestly dislike any version 3.6 and higher on the software version.. I always end up back at 3.6.0...

Learning the settings and how they change things in the print will be a deep rabbit hole for a while..

I would pull your temp back a touch as well.. see if it corrects some of the travel stringing.. if not you will need to add retraction.. depending on the machine, Bowden can run up to 7mm retraction depending on length..
Direct drive I'd stay somewhere in the 4mm realm..
Definitely a rabbit hole, just like RC trucks 🤣 And I'm still using Cure 4.0 myself 👍 with the CHEP profiles
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4602753

How do you support it?

I’m going to send this print and see how it turns out.
Cheers for the “Support” tip.
Even when I slice it it's a 13-15 hour print, lot of stuff going on with the cable channels on the bottom. I'm sure if I really got into it could get it down to 10-12. Like @Camaroboy383 said it's a rabbit hole for sure

Last edited:
Definitely a rabbit hole, just like RC trucks 🤣 And I'm still using Cure 4.0 myself 👍 with the CHEP profiles
🤣🤣🤣.. yes it can be for sure.. 🤣🤣

Yeah I really couldn't stand the higher versions u.i.. I've always made my own profiles, and it works nicely on all 6 of my current printers.. some slight changes depending on the machine in use... I've seen alot of people using the chep profiles, and they do give dang good resultsI've just never tried them..

When I got into printing I was on a mission to understand that setting list, as you know it's a long one!.. so off I went into the deepest rabbit hole ever...But well worth it, I've gotten to the point where I can look at a printed model and know what setting needs to be corrected.. coasting, and prime settings are so important but not alot of people talk about it...

Support interfaces, patterns, thickness, z distances as you know get intense at times...all worth it.. 3d printing and CNC machining has treated me well..👍..

🤣🤣🤣.. yes it can be for sure.. 🤣🤣

Yeah I really couldn't stand the higher versions u.i.. I've always made my own profiles, and it works nicely on all 6 of my current printers.. some slight changes depending on the machine in use... I've seen alot of people using the chep profiles, and they do give dang good resultsI've just never tried them..

When I got into printing I was on a mission to understand that setting list, as you know it's a long one!.. so off I went into the deepest rabbit hole ever...But well worth it, I've gotten to the point where I can look at a printed model and know what setting needs to be corrected.. coasting, and prime settings are so important but not alot of people talk about it...

Support interfaces, patterns, thickness, z distances as you know get intense at times...all worth it.. 3d printing and CNC machining has treated me well..👍..
As for me I like learning the basic process and things that work for me, after all I'm not printing rocket parts 🤣 I also have an X-Carve CNC which is another rabbit hole with feeds and speeds, bits and depth of cut depending on the material etc..... I enjoy the tinkering

As for me I like learning the basic process and things that work for me, after all I'm not printing rocket parts 🤣 I also have an X-Carve CNC which is another rabbit hole with feeds and speeds, bits and depth of cut depending on the material etc..... I enjoy the tinkering

Cut from the same cloth my friend..👍..

Alright now... I'm jealous.
What have you cut with that machine, if you don't mind me asking.

First attempt was a flop. 10 hours in and she was all over the show. You lads were right….. should’ve rotated it 90 degrees 🤦‍♂️

7EF6F2BB-D024-4917-A773-A557DC53ACA8.jpeg

2nd attempt went a little better after the rotation and a couple of setting changes. 24hours of printing later……..not bad for a 3rd print.

5A97EEF3-A66F-495F-9B37-35CDC0C97F7B.jpeg

054B5CA4-DE18-4579-A9A9-93A6C9971D54.jpeg

B4A76678-4790-476D-AB9B-950927C4B419.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back