Kraton Not sure what to do now 🙃

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I have a beautiful build. I am on the home stretch of it and hit a big snag. I am also way over budget already and can't see how I can finish this without spending a bit more now.
I have the build post on here. I didn't realize until I had the Mojave chassis, shock towers and body mounts installed how far off the body /tire situation was. I was thinking I could just mount the body higher somehow. The problem is that the mounting system already sits pretty high. So, if I do do some sort of custom extension on that set up it will probably break on the first flip over /roof landing.
My choices are not cheap. I could just buy Mojave wheels and tires but I don't like how it looks with the extended arms. The next cheapest option is probably hub extenders and smaller tires and then trimming the fenders on the body which I want to avoid. If I go Backflip LPs and cheap 24mm amazon hub extenders I am still spending another $120ish. I may have to go this route but not sure I want to spend that much for such a compromise.
So, I am considering selling the unused Mojave body, with the roll cage and roof skids and maybe the mounting brackets, if I can, and changing directions... Fireteam body! 😋
I was at the LHS tonight and they have one on display. I put the body on it to see how it looked and I loved it! I priced out what I need on Jennys RC and it's about $230 with bumpers, side guards, etc. If I can scrap up $100 for Mojave body and extras I'd be spending almost as much as the Backflip LP/hub extender option. 🤔
Decisions, Decision.... What should I do? 🤔

Last edited:
No way to just trim the body even more? Any pics. I used to put all kinds of weird bodies on. My 1/8 savage XL was running a 1/10th scale candy apple red camero body and I loved it. Just chop what you need to chop and move your body posts around. If you use a smaller body it can fit inside the wheels if you know what I mean. Good luck! You can do it!

I know you don't want to trim it but when I had mine even with the trim it looked amazing. I did a purge of my pictures and unfortunately I think I deleted the pictures of it. But it wasn't a drastic trim. Maybe I can find my post on the forum

Couldn't find the thread but I did find a picture of it in another thread!

CF687780-7FCB-41D8-956A-FDA7F3A0F770.png

Last edited:
I know you don't want to trim it but when I had mine even with the trim it looked amazing. I did a purge of my pictures and unfortunately I think I deleted the pictures of it. But it wasn't a drastic trim. Maybe I can find my post on the forum

Couldn't find the thread but I did find a picture of it in another thread!

View attachment 203710
Not bad at all! Did you have hub extenders and, if so, what size? 🤔
What was your original idea? body? towers? tires? arms?
My original idea was to just raise the body up but I knew I'd probably have to go smaller tires. I was out of touch with reality! 😆

Not bad at all! Did you have hub extenders and, if so, what size? 🤔

My original idea was to just raise the body up but I knew I'd probably have to go smaller tires. I was out of touch with reality! 😆
Yessir! I think I told you in your other thread they were 23mm. Most of the trimming was really for clearing the tires on suspension compression. Also I was using infraction body mounts because they actually line up perfectly. I had them mounted in a weird custom way so yours might fit easier being on Mojave mounts. Think it might sit a little higher than mine did

Still just a mockup and clearly would need some trimming. It's too high though... and I'm pretty sure it would last for about 1 hard landing. 😒

20220302_225026.jpg

Still just a mockup and clearly would need some trimming. It's too high though... and I'm pretty sure it would last for about 1 hard landing. 😒

View attachment 203931

My original idea was just like this. I like the realistic mojave looks but in lifted truck form.
Though I changed what I'm doing with my build, I still want to do a Monster Mojave.

I decided to get some smaller tires. I went with Proline Badlands 3.8's. I also ordered the Just Bash it 20mm hub extenders. I think the idea I had with the post extensions won't work well. It is too weak and will break on the first or second roof landing which is bound to happen. I inverted the post mount brackets and I will put the body posts on their highest setting getting it to sit as high as possible but still have some strength. I will still have to trim the body. At some point I will be getting a Fireteam body from Jenny's for sure and go back to the full size tire but I needed to do what I had to to get this done. Once the extenders come in I will trim the body, do the drywall tape/shoe glue to it and then let her rip!

I decided to get some smaller tires. I went with Proline Badlands 3.8's. I also ordered the Just Bash it 20mm hub extenders. I think the idea I had with the post extensions won't work well. It is too weak and will break on the first or second roof landing which is bound to happen. I inverted the post mount brackets and I will put the body posts on their highest setting getting it to sit as high as possible but still have some strength. I will still have to trim the body. At some point I will be getting a Fireteam body from Jenny's for sure and go back to the full size tire but I needed to do what I had to to get this done. Once the extenders come in I will trim the body, do the drywall tape/shoe glue to it and then let her rip!

I think that's a good choice of tire. It's not too big and not too small, you can still get some really decent performance out of it. Only one annoying expensive thing is the aluminum center hubs with zero offset fit the car better than the stock 1/2" offset of whatever it comes with stock.

I did try the shoegoo thing, and it did help strengthen the body but I wasn't worth it in my opinion. It doubles the weight of the body (at least) and is only marginally better and lasts a bit longer sure. But you still have a beat up body and the materials cost half as much as a new body which will look infinitely better than the smashed body.

Maybe its just me, but I don't mind replacing the body every 6 months, gives me a chance to paint another which is fun.

I think that's a good choice of tire. It's not too big and not too small, you can still get some really decent performance out of it. Only one annoying expensive thing is the aluminum center hubs with zero offset fit the car better than the stock 1/2" offset of whatever it comes with stock.

I did try the shoegoo thing, and it did help strengthen the body but I wasn't worth it in my opinion. It doubles the weight of the body (at least) and is only marginally better and lasts a bit longer sure. But you still have a beat up body and the materials cost half as much as a new body which will look infinitely better than the smashed body.

Maybe its just me, but I don't mind replacing the body every 6 months, gives me a chance to paint another which is fun.
Well, I already have the tape and shoe glue that I bought from the first body I did. So I figure, why not. 🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back