Typhon Note on Tekno Orange Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangeDRAGON

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Raider
I should have paid more attention, but the front shocks on the Typhon are shorter than those on the Kraton/Talion/Senton, as such the 80mm Tekno spring commonly used/recommended are not suitable for any competitive type of use.

They do fit just fine, but even with the preload rings up at the top you will be unable to get the Typhon to sit lower without having to use the droop screws - which is fine for bashing but having "0" available droop (by forcing them to set your ride height) is a no-go for me on the track. But for jumps, bumps, hills - they work well, you'll just need to get a shorter ~75mm set of springs in the front to get your off-road control back instead of using the 80mm ones.

I will also add that the stiffer shock oil with these springs is a must, without it would be bouncing all over the place

I took out again and spent more time both on and off road, and I'm not happy with them, just too stiff... When it has good on-road traction it is sharp and fast but, shall I say unpredictable? Like it slides out when a bird flying overhead farts.. It certainly handles huge air much easier, but unless I stay under 15-20mph its not worth the trade off IMO. Swapped back to stock and confirmed the drivability differences.

The stock ARRMA springs on the Typhon are:
Front: 70mm, 75gf/mm (or 4.20 lb/in)
Rear: 84mm, 57gf/mm (or 3.20 lb/in)

I think a spring set that didn't put ride height into the sky and kept the front/rear bias would be something like:
Front: TD330815 Team Durango 75mm 80gf/mm (or 4.48 lb/in)
Rear: TD330786 Team Durango 84mm 72gf/mm (or 4.03 lb/in)

Tekno has a series of buggy springs, and while there are front springs that will work - the rear springs are all rated lower than stock so there is no Tekno 'buggy series' spring that would work well in the rear.

Thanks for this great info. Too bad I just ordered this set of springs few days ago before you post this.. :(

Anyway I am mostly bashing so I may just be happy with it. I'll definitely try it on my local track when I can finish even a lap of it. Now I just flip over and over in those jumps. Can't seem to learn how to jump yet since I'm so new to 1/8 buggy...

Yeah, let me know what you think. The springs stiffness was not necessarily so much the problem, but that they were also too long, so the Typhon would ride at full shock height (which puts the CG too high), and if you lowered the ride height using the droop screws that means your riding with '0' available droop and is why I would get alot of unpredictable spin outs.

I have the two springs I mentioned in the post above (TD330815 and TD330786) on order, I'll update the post once I get them on & in.

I will also add that the stiffer shock oil with these springs is a must, without it would be bouncing all over the place

I took out again and spent more time both on and off road, and I'm not happy with them, just too stiff... When it has good on-road traction it is sharp and fast but, shall I say unpredictable? Like it slides out when a bird flying overhead farts.. It certainly handles huge air much easier, but unless I stay under 15-20mph its not worth the trade off IMO. Swapped back to stock and confirmed the drivability differences.

The stock ARRMA springs on the Typhon are:
Front: 70mm, 75gf/mm (or 4.20 lb/in)
Rear: 84mm, 57gf/mm (or 3.20 lb/in)

I think a spring set that didn't put ride height into the sky and kept the front/rear bias would be something like:
Front: TD330815 Team Durango 75mm 80gf/mm (or 4.48 lb/in)
Rear: TD330786 Team Durango 84mm 72gf/mm (or 4.03 lb/in)

Tekno has a series of buggy springs, and while there are front springs that will work - the rear springs are all rated lower than stock so there is no Tekno 'buggy series' spring that would work well in the rear.
Did you have to change the stock diff oil with the team d springs? My new typhon is very floppy and saggy as standard so going to take your advice on the springs, if you do recommend different oil what grade? Thanks

EJ4J3KBRFBPHAK8WYR4RU6VCK6JMTCKQ3WKBR4J4VHFZ4AAHX8.jpg

Yes same here what shocks oil you recommend from the stock

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back