Granite Nothing to do..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stGranite

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
The motor i am getting is out of stock and wont come in till end of july. ive taken it apart multiple times. nothing is in stock. i feel miserable and bored. i am ecstatic for july 27th im getting a ecx torment. so at the moment i have nothing to do. anyone else in my situation? and what is on the cheaper side thats arrma thats an upgrade from my granite. Kraton 4s
outcast, infraction? i want something thats a step up and more capable and reliable.

The motor i am getting is out of stock and wont come in till end of july. ive taken it apart multiple times. nothing is in stock. i feel miserable and bored. i am ecstatic for july 27th im getting a ecx torment. so at the moment i have nothing to do. anyone else in my situation? and what is on the cheaper side thats arrma thats an upgrade from my granite. Kraton 4s
outcast, infraction? i want something thats a step up and more capable and reliable.
Are you like me? A dissatisfied Mega owner?
I am looking at the typhon 3s. Just not excited about switching to IC5

I've got 3s big rock,3s senton,6s mojave, 6s oucast.senton is funnist.they stay on ground unlike granite an with 20t pinion they haul.fastest stock arrma of all in my opinion.PUNCH ON 5 THEY ARE INSANE FOR STOCK. Since you already have a granite getting another 3s car is nice because if one goes down all the parts are all interchangeable.3s motors are there downfall.they overheat an bearings go out.what motor you buying for granite. I put stock 6s Arma motor in my 3s cars and I love it.26t pinion. No overheating no cogging tons of torque

So avoid the typhon for now? It's 3s but all my battery and ESC are IC3 but I could just solder my poop and go all IC5. Tempted to get a 3s granite because of how tough our truck seems. But I want a truck where the ESC is not on top of the receiver box. Like more room in the chassis.

Get adapters ec3 to ec5.just make sure female or Male plugs r the right ones or change plug on esc.bigrock an senton r I think 10mm longer chassis than granite. Only other place to put esc is in front of motor.not sure bout typhon 3s chassis.they are considered1/8 scale.they have longer a-arms to make them 1/8.heres my 6s big rock.blew rear diff 1st time on 6s.should be perfect for 4s.belted tires a must after 3s

Attachments

• 20200717_182915.jpg
    20200717_182915.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 36
Get adapters ec3 to ec5.just make sure female or Male plugs r the right ones or change plug on esc.bigrock an senton r I think 10mm longer chassis than granite. Only other place to put esc is in front of motor.not sure bout typhon 3s chassis.they are considered1/8 scale.they have longer a-arms to make them 1/8.heres my 6s big rock.blew rear diff 1st time on 6s.should be perfect for 4s.belted tires a must after 3s
Adapters cause extra resistance and heat they are not a good idea

2 3s batteries r to heavy for plastic ring a pinion diffs and the 6s power.craziest rc I'd ever seen.50% on controller was about as fast as stock big rock.WAY OVERPOWERED
Only adapters I've ever melted were traxxas ones cause those tabs loose connection.but your right adapters over 2s not good idea.id rewire esc

Attachments

• 20200717_182323.jpg
    20200717_182323.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200717_215348.jpg
    20200717_215348.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
2 3s batteries r to heavy for plastic ring a pinion diffs and the 6s power.craziest rc I'd ever seen.50% on controller was about as fast as stock big rock.WAY OVERPOWERED
Only adapters I've ever melted were traxxas ones cause those tabs loose connection.but your right adapters over 2s not good idea.id rewire esc
Oh my god. You're awesome. That is both tragic and hilarious.

That is fiddlesticking awesome! We have a mega and we are exploding everything with a 3S system right now. You're exploding a 3S system with a 6S motor.

That is cool AF.

I thought you were just a bragging douche bag. But you're fiddlesticking cool. That is some epic damage on that diff!

I got hobbywing 150a esc an 6s arrma motor in BR. And 150 amp stock set up in Mojave.bout same power.mojave is 12lb.BR is 8lb. Power to weight ratio on big rock is absolutely insane.
Is the mega a brushed senton???

Attachments

• 20200716_203535.jpg
    20200716_203535.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 33
It's a granite. Now it is a brushless granite and I switched to EC5. We're just doing a few more things before we try 3S.

We're doing all the bearings and putting diffs in. We already have the 3s tranny.

We have a 3300 kv 120 amp esc.

I expect we will break driveshafts when we buy the bigger battery.

how about making the brushed fast? my mega is now on 4s heh

👍😀

My typhon is on 4S full time.

I put a 150A hobbywing in it and run a 2650kv.

My strong recommendation about running 4S is to get a metal crown gear and metal input for the rear diff and a metal diff yoke at a minimum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back