Senton Nothing to see here folks...just another Senton build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
So this isn't my first build, but this is my first build thread. And I'm really only doing this b/c my OCD is triggered everytime I see the little notification on the homepage reminding me that I haven't done a build thread yet lol. I purchased a brand new Senton Mega slider from fleabay b/c I like the size of SC trucks, and I don't have many 2S-3S rigs in my fleet..but I have quite a few 2S & 3S batteries sitting around just collecting dust. The only Spektrum electronic(s) that will be used is the servo, only b/c it came with the slider. Once it dies (and I'm sure it will) I'll be going with a different brand. Right now my priorities are just getting all the basic electronics installed so that it can move under it's own power. I'm also going to cut a slot in the chassis under the spur to kick all the debris out. Once the electronics are installed then I'll go back and upgrade things such as shocks, a steel spur gear, motor mount, gyro, light bar etc. I'll be installing a Reedy brushless system & DumboRC Tx/rx. The first actual thing I've gotten done on it was installing some ProLine Trencher X tires using their 14mm hub adapter today. I have a Toyota Tundra body otw, hopefully I can get that cut, painted, & fitted in the next week or two. I'll be sure to update with pics as the build progresses! 😎

20230506_182943.jpg

20230506_193558.jpg

You had me at "Senton"! Rig looks very clean and hardly used. I never heard of Trencher X but I ran 2.8 belted MT Trenchers. Going to look those tires up.
It's literally brand new, never been ran. A parts breaker (like JennysRC) on ebay had 3 new Senton chassis for sale, I picked up one. Check'em out, they're great tires for on & Off road. I like the Badlands, but I've never owned a set.

Screenshot_20230506_204041_Chrome.jpg

Likewise. Ran regular trenchers on my Senton. Nice build you have going there!
Thanks brother 👍
Badlands are awesome on the Senton. Just sucks there isn't a belted SCT version. I run belted MX28s on mine offroad. My trenchers are my dual surface tire.
My next set will definitely be belted, I've always wanted to try out belted tires.

Powerhobby has 2 belted sct tires, one like the trencher and one like the badlands, both are 17mm though so might not be the route you are looking for. At least worth looking at if you ever want to switch to 17mm.
https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-defender-arrma-senton-6s-tires.html

https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-raptor-arrma-senton-tires.html
Thanks for the share! Never knew there was a SC Raptor tire. Being just outside of Toronto, now I REALLY have to have it!. Lol. A buddy runs dish wheeled Buggy style Raptors on his Kraton and I've always liked his offroad traction with them. Definitely going to look into getting them.

Tundra body came in today. This one was a real PITA, but I finally got it all trimmed up. I'm trying to get away with using the factory Arrma body mounts. It looks like they should work out, but I'll know for sure once I get the body holes reamed out.

20230508_214228.jpg

20230508_214246.jpg

20230508_214333.jpg

UPDATE #2:
Got the hole in the chassis under the spur cut out this afternoon. Electronics also came in today. I may get everything installed today...or I may not since the playoffs are on.

20230510_190122.jpg

20230510_190206.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE #3:
Got the electronics installed. I went with a Reedy motor/esc combo. And for the tx/rx I went with a Dumborc combo that has a built in gyro. I've had a Senton with the factory Spektrum 3S system before and I can say without a doubt that this system is MUCH smoother. The cogging at low speeds is pretty much non-existent...couldn't say the same about the Spektrum system.

20230511_183147.jpg

20230511_183916.jpg

FINAL UPDATE:
So I got the body finished yesterday, and today I took it out for a maiden voyage. The truck ran flawlessly & the gyro made it handle ten times better than the stock setup. I drifted, did donuts, slid around corners, and turned at full throttle and not once did it flip. I also think cutting a whole in the chassis worked wonders for keeping the spur nice & clean. I know I can get more speed out of it once I upgrade the pinion, spur, & slipper to the BLX versions. But for now it's perfect 👌

20230513_125843.jpg

20230513_125836.jpg

20230513_125857.jpg

I like that body, might do one of those on the TA sct truck i have on the way.
Who makes it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back