Notorious Noto blue motor cable!!!! AHH!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruzty1311

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 3s
I've been having a problem ever since I shimmed my diffs on this rig:
The blue motor cable keeps getting super hot and coming un-soldered. It's happened about 3 times that I can remember so far and I don't understand why lol!

Has anybody dealt with this before and found the fix to the problem? Did I shim it too tight and maybe it's causing extra strain on the motor somehow? I checked temps and the motor didn't get over 140 when it happened. I also shifted the motor to face the cable UPWARD and not tucked to the side of the truck where the heat gets more trapped so to speak.

Where is it unsoldering from exactly. The ESC?
I would check over that motor. Open it up and give it a once over. Clean, check BB's. relube them with oil etc. But I cant see why only one Motor lead is getting hot. May be an ESC issue. IDK.
If you rebuilt the diffs and shimmed properly, it should spin feely with the pinion gear off. Motor isolated from the drivetrain. One way to tell if there is drivetrain binding somewhere. Is your gear mesh correct. Not tight?

How tight is your rebuilt diff? Is there tension on the drivetrain?

I've been having a problem ever since I shimmed my diffs on this rig:
The blue motor cable keeps getting super hot and coming un-soldered. It's happened about 3 times that I can remember so far and I don't understand why lol!

Has anybody dealt with this before and found the fix to the problem? Did I shim it too tight and maybe it's causing extra strain on the motor somehow? I checked temps and the motor didn't get over 140 when it happened. I also shifted the motor to face the cable UPWARD and not tucked to the side of the truck where the heat gets more trapped so to speak.
get a new connector and solder it on mine have come off loads of times

Where is it unsoldering from exactly. The ESC?
I would check over that motor. Open it up and give it a once over. Clean, check BB's. relube them with oil etc. But I cant see why only one Motor lead is getting hot. May be an ESC issue. IDK.
If you rebuilt the diffs and shimmed properly, it should spin feely with the pinion gear off. Motor isolated from the drivetrain. One way to tell if there is drivetrain binding somewhere. Is your gear mesh correct. Not tight?
Its coming unsoldered on the motor side...I will check that (pinion gear off) and see, but I think I could also just remove the dogbone going from each of the diffs to the center and see if they spin freely also to isolate the issue :) I didn't think of that though so thanks for the advice!
Also what motor esc? Blx or spektrum?
Spektrum...it has newish bearings in it also...I replaced them right away
How tight is your rebuilt diff? Is there tension on the drivetrain?
It's pretty tight, but I'll have to do a once over on them to see. The truck definitely doesn't roll as smooth as it did before I did the shimming but whats odd is that the motor and esc aren't overheating so that's a weird thing....it could be a faulty motor lead?
get a new connector and solder it on mine have come off loads of times
Hmmm....at this point I'm willing to try anything haha Thanks!

I get the impression that the Spektrum ESC's have very poor soldering to begin with.

Could it also be maybe bad wheel hub bearings? I might need to replace those anyways lol
I get the impression that the Spektrum ESC's have very poor soldering to begin with.
Well again, it's not the esc connector but he motor connector that came unsoldered so I'm good with the esc :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back