Notorious 6S BLX185 went ablaze on fire.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a conversation with Horizon Tech Dept. regarding my burned up V3 Noto they received Monday. Since there are issues with the non- adjustable V4 Servo savers on all the 6S series large wheel rigs they were able to completely rebuild the V3 Noto chassis with new parts including a new Blue Noto body. They went above and beyond, replacing parts that were worn like the wing mounts and rear control arm, so they stated. The tech said the Noto was driven and tested, etc.
I should get it back in a few days.
I had a simultaneous open ticket regarding my V4 Kraton with the new fixed hub servo saver flaw. I asked for the older V3 adjustable part to be sent instead, they were willing to, but they showed 60 on Backorder through June. With that info, I decided to have them repair my V3 Noto instead of getting a new V4 Noto. A no brainer. I think the V3's are better QC wise. I hear a lot of initial production issues with the V4 series. This V4 Kraton I received less than 2 weeks ago is very early production I am sure. Also, I noticed that the new V4 Kraton Copperhead 2 tires were horribly glued at the bead. Uneven and wobbly. I've glued wheels many times before. I think even a first timer mounting his tires could do a better job. I'm sure QC will improve in a few months. I managed to find and order a V3 adjustable Servo Saver Hub on my own.
I want to run this V4 Kraton already, but won't with barely any wheel travel. I cant be bothered dissecting the V4 Hub like @bicketybam did in his video. I learned much from his Hub video. He suggested to source a V3 adjustable Hub as the best fix. Check out his video. Nicely done!
Service and support at Horizon has been a positive experience. If you give them part numbers along with the issues, they tend to think out of the box and will work with you. They seemed to be very familiar with the Arma brand at present and their Surface Division support reflects that.
And I always mention ArmaForum.

Hi Src,
Interesting.
Thanks for the info.
PL

Noto was received back yesterday. Rick, the Horizon Tech., that rebuilt it called me to say what he did, and said he test drove it with a 6S. And all is good. He said he liked the video that they requested. Lol
I estimate that it cost close to $300. (Retail) in parts only to repair. They replaced more than I would have on my own. And they surprised me by including a new Noto body, returning the old one too. Motor ,Esc, battery box , cage esc tray , servo, and so much more replaced. Like 17 parts in all. They did a very neat job. It was a very positive experience. Horizon H., if you are reading this, Thank you again.

Noto was received back yesterday. Rick, the Horizon Tech., that rebuilt it called me to say what he did, and said he test drove it with a 6S. And all is good. He said he liked the video that they requested. Lol
I estimate that it cost close to $300. (Retail) in parts only to repair. They replaced more than I would have on my own. And they surprised me by including a new Noto body, returning the old one too. Motor ,Esc, battery box , cage esc tray , servo, and so much more replaced. Like 17 parts in all. They did a very neat job. It was a very positive experience. Horizon H., if you are reading this, Thank you again.

Hi,
Well, pretty good service.
PL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back