Notorious Notorious 6S mods and upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much its a drop in servo. You may need a 25 spline servo arm/Horn to match. If yours says Spektrum on the Arm, it is a 23 spline arm and wont fit 99% of upgrade servos, including this DS3235 (a 25 spline servo) . Def. need to setup the servo Endpoints or you will stress and burn out the servo, any servo must be setup this way. RC6GS is a popular radio and simple enough to setup like most are. Just swap out your old radio receiver (Rx) with the new one included with the radio.
Instructions can be found online and YT.
Help is here. Many threads here on radio setup.:cool:
Sorry dumb question @SrC but is there is a YT clip on how to setup the servo endpoints? I’m trying to find a local AU stockist for that particular Amazon 35kg servo in the meantime..

I think by 2097, RC rigs will be controlled with FPV goggles. No hands.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I got both radio and servo on Amazon.
All my 6s rigs run the DS3235's. Tried the expensive brands. For bashing these are best. Servos get abused and I consider them consumables at some point. If I get over a year, I got my moneys worth. My oldest is over 2 years. Runs fine. I've had a spare one sitting on standby here and haven't needed it yet.
I'm putting it in my TLR Typhon when it comes tommorow.
Mine are fully setup for fpv but not controllable with fpv lmao. Me and Lovestricken spent months colaberating to figure it all out. they work great now.

Mine are fully setup for fpv but not controllable with fpv lmao. Me and Lovestricken spent months colaberating to figure it all out. they work great now.
Setup with FPV??? Tell me more @FatCatRC ! I’d love to look into this too. I work in technology so this is def up my alley 😎

Setup with FPV??? Tell me more @FatCatRC ! I’d love to look into this too. I work in technology so this is def up my alley 😎
oh boy..... there was alot that whent into it. Long story short it's setup with a 35mm super long range AKK fpv stack without the flight control. So I have a cam mounted in the body it's connected to the fpv stack (same ones for drones) and I can drive home alone 3 style. The complicated part was filtering all the damn noise from the power feed off the main battery and the motor. I have caps....big ones to filter the noise and I chose a akk pdb (power board) that had a filter built in to fine tune it more. The goggles are box goggles from amazon I rigged up to run fatshark modules so I have true diversity. Lottttttsssss of help from @3d-rc.myshopify.com aka Lovestricken to get it going right and make special mounts for me. My VTX or transmitter is rated for 3000mw, she gets warrrrmmmmm so fans were a must, with my lights underglow and fans I push the ESC's bec to the absolute limit. It's fun though.

Great advice and I shall look to get this ordered now! Thank you for your help @SrC I will highly likely come back with some advice on installation... more than likely followed by 20 photos of my notorious in 50,000 pieces and me pulling my hair out (HA!)
Lead times for delivery from amazon are 5 weeks+ at the moment if stock is coming from the US.
I also found the same servo here -> which model is it the SSG180 or SSG270?
https://dronesxpress.com.au/product...f5VFtSx5zu48cuSZGnz1EvhfpOJKHJLoaAgePEALw_wcB
Same deal for the RC6GS :( Nothing that I can find in Australia.. it would either be coming from Amazon US (which takes a gazzillion years) or China.... still 5 weeks +
I don't know about shipping time for you, but this servo you linked would be the one I would go with. The other one is only 26kg at 7.4v.

For the radio, I can't really chime in. I know the Dumborc radio is talked about also. I believe it's this one. But I'm not positive. Might have luck finding it in AU

I don't know about shipping time for you, but this servo you linked would be the one I would go with. The other one is only 26kg at 7.4v.

For the radio, I can't really chime in. I know the Dumborc radio is talked about also. I believe it's this one. But I'm not positive. Might have luck finding it in AU
Thanks @Slim64684 I'm assuming you're talking about this link (https://dronesxpress.com.au/product...f5VFtSx5zu48cuSZGnz1EvhfpOJKHJLoaAgePEALw_wcB) as the one to go for? I just need to know whether I'm ordering the 180 version or 270 version?

Yes the shipping on the link above is local AU stock.

Yeah DumboRC radio may be easier to source. Big in the EU as well. You need at least 35kg ( aprox 500oz/in) for most any 6s 1/8 scale rig to control it well. Noto. has very large MT wheels. Alot of mass and weight to swing them.

Yeah DumboRC radio may be easier to source. Big in the EU as well. You need at least 35kg ( aprox 500oz/in) for most any 6s 1/8 scale rig to control it well. Noto. has very large MT wheels. Alot of mass and weight to swing them.Y
Yeah DumboRC radio may be easier to source. Big in the EU as well. You need at least 35kg ( aprox 500oz/in) for most any 6s 1/8 scale rig to control it well. Noto. has very large MT wheels. Alot of mass and weight to swing them.
This radio is avail in AU - price is good too! https://www.banggood.com/DumboRC-X6...=BH080418023454201801&cur_warehouse=AU&ID=229

Thanks @SrC I've gone ahead and bought the DumboRC, will report back on how it goes!
Yes that is the servo link I was referencing.
Cheers @Slim64684 which version of the servo? SSG180 or SSG270?

All good thanks @Slim64684 I noticed the right bottom front pivot ball keeps coming out of the steering block and I have to 'pop it' back into place which is annoying.
I also managed to break AR330338 off the right front shock!

The steering block may have a crack in it. The ball will continue to pop out until the block is replaced. Shock rod ends break from bad landings, or incorrect droop. My lhs doesn't stock Ara330338 but does stock Ara330409 and tkr5049a so that is what I use.

The steering block may have a crack in it. The ball will continue to pop out until the block is replaced. Shock rod ends break from bad landings, or incorrect droop. My lhs doesn't stock Ara330338 but does stock Ara330409 and tkr5049a so that is what I use.
Yup confirmed bottom hole is cracked
Yes that is the servo link I was referencing.
Hey @Slim64684 that site I posted above doesn’t appear to be legitimate - so back to the drawing board for me to find an Aussie stockist!
With that said, are there any recommended YouTube clips that show how to replace the servo on a notorious? Keen to learn.. but don’t want to stuff it up in the process!

OK @Slim64684 @FatCatRC @SrC , so my Dumborg X6FG just arrived... !! Hopefully it's an easy process to install it into the notorious 6s, any suggestions, tips, youtube clips on how to do it?? Would love some advice here from a newbie that has never done it! :) oh and I'm replacing shock end points and a steering block with OEM today as well.. can't wait!

cnotroller2.jpg

controller1.jpg

OK @Slim64684 @FatCatRC @SrC , so my Dumborg X6FG just arrived... !! Hopefully it's an easy process to install it into the notorious 6s, any suggestions, tips, youtube clips on how to do it?? Would love some advice here from a newbie that has never done it! :) oh and I'm replacing shock end points and a steering block with OEM today as well.. can't wait!

View attachment 174297

View attachment 174298
I've never personally used that rx/TX, but having said that, it shouldn't be hard to install. I'm sure there are you tube videos and if it came with a manual everything should be there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back