Notorious Notorious 6s servo/steering issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Outcast 6s
Had a problem develop this evening. When the car is off the steering feels fine. Wheels turn left and right no problem. When I put it on I can only turn left but it will not return itself. Nothing happens when I try to turn right and when I try to force the wheels by hand it feels like and sounds like the servo is fighting against it. But then I power off the car its movable by hand. Any advice? Car was running fine before hand and only stopped to swap out battery. Servo sounds good.

Did the trim on the Transmitter maybe get turned to full left? Maybe not paying attention to it as you're switching batteries out!?

Other then the Steering Trim needing to be reset, really all I can think of.

Did the trim on the Transmitter maybe get turned to full left? Maybe not paying attention to it as you're switching batteries out!?
Nah I checked it. I even tested it and the trim didn't even do anything to the steering. It's just odd that the resistance on turning right is only coming from the servo when powered.

Nah I checked it. I even tested it and the trim didn't even do anything to the steering. It's just odd that the resistance on turning right is only coming from the servo when powered.
Maybe try and pull the plug from the Rx and reset it so to say? Apologize, I really can't think of anything else that would cause this issue, even after trying the options mentioned....

Maybe try and pull the plug from the Rx and reset it so to say? Apologize, I really can't think of anything else that would cause this issue, even after trying the options mentioned....
Good shout. I'll give that a go and see what happens. Never come accross this type of issue before ?

In most cases I've had with electronic issues, usually after a battery reset, (just pulling power for a couple minutes like a computer reset) everything has gone back to what it should do. :confused:

Hopefully a different member might have a fix for this or have some other options.

Sounds like a bad servo.. this is a common thing when they start to fail or get wet... the potentiometer in the board doesn't know where center is anymore.. plug in a different servo and I'd bet the steering works...
The resistance is the servo motor holding it when energized..

Sounds like a bad servo.. this is a common thing when they start to fail or get wet... the potentiometer in the board doesn't know where center is anymore.. plug in a different servo and I'd bet the steering works...
The resistance is the servo motor holding it when energized..
Bang on with that one I think. Have contacted the store and they are happy to send out a replacement. Happy days

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back