Notorious Notorious 6s spare parts build - completed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Ever wondered if you have enough spare parts to build a whole truck. Well, I'm only 5 parts short plus a body for a complete Notorious/Outcast 6s!

M2C chassis & Ackerman bar

Hot Racing front gear box

EXB towers and front center brace

All aluminum suspension mounts (CRCU, Voltage, Hot Racing, Exb

Hobbywing Max6/4985 1650kv

@3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts and bumper spring

Need:
-Lower front left arm
-1 gear box
-center t2t brace
-wheelie bar
-1 hinge pin

20230129_130326.jpg

Last edited:
Ever wondered if you have enough spare parts to build a whole truck. Well, I'm only 5 parts short plus a body for a complete Notorious/Outcast 6s!

3DRC wing mounts and bumper spring

Need:
-Lower front left arm
-1 gear box
-center t2t brace
-wheelie bar
-1 hinge pin

View attachment 273968
I love a good spare parts build!! & it looks like you've got some nice upgrades going in already. Just happened to have an extra m2c chassis laying around?😃🥰😍👍🤘

I love a good spare parts build!! & it looks like you've got some nice upgrades going in already. Just happened to have an extra m2c chassis laying around?😃🥰😍👍🤘
The chassis, Ackerman and center braces were from a Typhon transplant. Last night I switched the Typhon over to a new stock swb 6s chassis and used stock plastic braces. Also took the HR gear box. The Typhon will only be a track buggy now, so it was way over built and heavy. I’ll only run it 4s going forward so it should be fine. All the strong goodies are on the Notorious now.
You realize you just entered a perpetual cycle ... ? Now you don’t have spares no more, you wil have to gather them again, then come to the point you almost can build a new car … and … you do ;):cool::ROFLMAO: … repeat

Nice parts to start your build ! Have fun !
Oh don’t worry, I still have tons of spares😉

@3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts and bumper spring

Need:
-Lower front left arm
-1 gear box
-center t2t brace
-wheelie bar
-1 hinge pin

View attachment 273968
parts bin parts bin PARTS BIN BUILD 😃

Only a few things left to do. Have to add the t-nuts to the battery tray, solder some XT 150's to the esc leads and run the wires to the receiver. Did a mod under the body to hopefully extended it's life🤞
20230131_222342.jpg
20230131_222416.jpg

Done! It all started on Friday night when I decided to downgrade my Typhon 6s back to a stock configuration. That opened up a swb M2C chassis, GKA servo mount and aluminum center braces (EXB and Hot Racing). Dove into my parts bin and came up with almost everything I needed except for a t2t bar, one hinge pin, a lower front arm, and a body. Got the parts on Sunday and commenced building and picked up the body today. Max 6 1650kv combo, EXB towers and front bumper, @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts and bumper spring and it's done. Wait til Jennys Rc finds out I have 4 6s rigs and almost no spare parts🤦‍♂️

20230201_005829.jpg
20230201_010014.jpg
20230201_010101.jpg
20230201_010320.jpg

@Notorious J
Cool build :love:, this is how 50% of my rigs have started out life :ROFLMAO: (parts bin special)
It's like you've gone full circle, as when I first met you on here you were rocking a Notoriuos..!!!

I would have quite happily donated those parts you needed to finish the build, only problem with that though is.
1) You were finished the build before I saw this thread :ROFLMAO:
2) They would have taken so long to get to you from the UK you would be on your next build :ROFLMAO:

@Notorious J
Cool build :love:, this is how 50% of my rigs have started out life :ROFLMAO: (parts bin special)
It's like you've gone full circle, as when I first met you on here you were rocking a Notoriuos..!!!

I would have quite happily donated those parts you needed to finish the build, only problem with that though is.
1) You were finished the build before I saw this thread :ROFLMAO:
2) They would have taken so long to get to you from the UK you would be on your next build :ROFLMAO:
Well thank you for the possibility of helping out then. Probably would have cost the same to ship them as it was to buy them here, but your gesture doesn't go unoticed.

Figured why not. Custom made mudguards.
Edit: thanks @Smilinbri. Found another spot for the stickers you made me.
20230201_230757.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I make mine from Kydex. What’s the notch up top for?
Just in case something bends without breaking and the arm swings up too high. That notch hopefully prevents the guard from hitting the wheel well of the body. I could have made them lower, but I like the amount of area these cover.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back