Notorious Notorious 6s... which servo to upgrade to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rampant Lion

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I am upgrading from a Losi Mini-8ight and I should have my new Arrma Notorious 6s Stunt Truck within the next few days. Although I own a lot of drones and the Losi, I am still new enough that I am comfortable asking questions from the people who have been doing this a long time. Is the servo upgrade somewhat simple? I am going to mainly be using 6s, so what is the best servo to upgrade to for the money? I'm not rich, but I'd love to do this right from the start. Thanks for all advice!

I use the Savox 1210 sg in my Kraton and also read good things about it on this forum. Should be a easy install in the Notorious.

I use the Savox 1210 sg in my Kraton and also read good things about it on this forum. Should be a easy install in the Notorious.

The 1210SG is taller than the stock servo so I believe you have to use spacers. I run an aftermarket mount that is taller so I didn’t have any issues. It’s not difficult to run the 1210SG with the stock mount but it’s not a direct replacement. The Savox 1256TG is a direct fit and has the same specs at 6v as the 1210SG but it is not waterproof. I’ve run mine in the wet, but I wouldn’t submerge it, that’s for sure

I have been running the 1210sg in my outcast since July. Probably the strongest servo I ever bought. I did have to add some washers under the ears and longer screws to raise it up so the bottom of the servo wasn't touching the chassis. Didn't have any shims at the time.

and when jumping try not to land on just one the front wheel. Stock servo does NOT like that.

and when jumping try not to land on just one the front wheel. Stock servo does NOT like that.
I used the original with servo mount, and I haven't problem.( normal use)..;) but if the jump is very very high this is an another page...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back